Family Stability Services
Part - Time | Some Local Travel
United Way of Lake and Sumter Counties is seeking a spectacular PART-TIME Case Manager to join our growing Family Stability Services team!
This mature organization, located in Leesburg, FL has been a mainstay of the community for over 50 years and in recent months has begun to shift from doing what we've always done to growing and expanding our operations. We are seeking to expand our direct services in Family Stability and to build an even more impactful presence within, and for, both of the counties we have the pleasure of serving.
This is where you come in. If you are a go-getter, excited about serving others and being a part of significant growth opportunities, you have our attention. The ideal candidate in this position will join the team as if he or she has been here far longer than it may show on paper, as well as ready to "hit the ground running".
The Case Manager's primary role is to provide case management along with service and resource coordination in a human services environment, particularly with clients that are low-income and in crisis or emergency situations. In this part-time position, for which we are seeking highly qualified candidates, much of your roles and duties would be performed, after an onboarding process, in an off-site location from our Leesburg office. As we expand and serve more in our community, we are looking to provide case management services in the following areas:
- Mount Dora
- South Lake County-Four Corners or Groveland area
Based on performance and demand, there is also the liklihood that this role could transition into one of full-time status at some point in the future.
Under general supervision:
- Conduct phone intake assessments and in-person appointments.
- Manage confidential documentation for organizational purposes.
- Maintain a clear understanding of eligibility criteria and needed documentation for different funding sources at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Process qualification criteria and documentation for rental, mortgage, and utility assistance to eligible households.
- Counsel clients and/or their families to facilitate achieving service plan goals, developing life skills, and/or sustaining financial stability.
- Conduct activities and monitor the service environment in a manner to maximize client success and well-being.
- Attend community meetings that pertain to resources specific to Family Stability Services.
- Work with community partners to maximize the assistance for clients, including knowledge of additional resources.
- Advocate on behalf of clients and families for services, basic needs, and other related issues.
- Work directly with the finance department for proper management and payment of services to landlords and utility companies.
- Prepare and compose case notes, narrative and technical reports, notifications, and related documents using computer-based applications.
- Conduct comprehensive, client-centered social work activities in accordance with best practices.
- Perform other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor, the Director of Family Stabilty Services.
- Complete timely data entry by entering all clients assisted into the Mid Florida Information Network.
Due to the leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization's crisis plan and response efforts.
Bachelors’ degree with major course work in social work, psychology or another closely related field.
- At least one year of experience in social casework, counseling, eligibility determination, social service or community resource referral, or closely related work. For this role, internship experience can substitute employment experience.
- Ability to communicate respectfully and effectively with a diverse audience and diverse leaders typically under significant stress. Bilingual candidates are encouraged and welcome.
- Knowledge of general case management interviewing practices and/or techniques; knowledge of social work and counseling practices and techniques, including crisis prevention and intervention.
- Proven track record of responsibility, self-management, decision making, and teamwork.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite & ability to work in online platforms.
The Rest of the Story...
There are always traits that while they are not expressly listed on a job posting, are still expected. Rather than making you guess, let's just list some of those here, as well:
- Experience in the nonprofit sector
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects and drive toward deadlines.
- Sound and independent judgment, as well as critical thinking.
- Superior organizational skills and detail-orientation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstratable skills in collaborating with others to effect results and/or goal accomplishment.
- Emotional maturity and confidence.
- Professionalism, confidentiality, empathy, customer service orientation, discretion and proper telephone skills.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of this role.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
The team of United Way Lake and Sumter Counties looks forward to learning of your interest and to hearing from you.