United Way of Broward County fights for the health, education and financial prosperity of every person in our community.
General Description: Provides case management to both youth and families along with service and resource coordination in an education environment onsite in Hallandale Beach, particularly with those with low income and homelessness related conditions.
By providing services, training, and educational opportunities to parents to parallel and mirror the enrichment and educational offerings their children access through participation in the Community Partnership School™ (CPS) program, CPS Care Coordination will take a two-generation approach to include Parent Engagement, Economic Development, and Educational Workshops.
Primary Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for identifying strengths, needs and risks for participants and their families in order to develop short and long term goals related to housing stability and financial prosperity. Following goal development, Care Coordinators will lead participants through the process of creating an individualized service plan to help ensure that relevant resources, services, and activities participants need to reach their goals are included in their care coordination experience.
- Develops or updates service plans with participants and their families to address their needs and to facilitate referral to appropriate treatment or service providers or facilities.
- Counsels participants and/or their families to facilitate achieving service plan goals, developing life skills, and/or sustaining success and wellness.
- Conducts activities in a culturally responsive manner and monitors the service environment to maximize participant success and well-being.
- Manages an annual caseload of 30-50 students and their family unit.
Other Job Duties:
- Advocates on behalf of clients and families for services, basic needs, and other related issues.
- Composes or prepares correspondence, case notes, narrative and technical reports, notifications, and related documents using computer-based applications
- Conduct comprehensive, client-centered social work activities in accordance with best practices.
- Conducts community and home visits (if needed) related to client needs; Provides follow-up and monitors service delivery and care environments.
- Stays abreast of community resources and procedures for referring clients to appropriate resources
- Facilitates case consultation for client situations.
- Establish case plan goals and will review with clients
- Monitor client progress to ensure that clients are working towards a resolution of identified challenges
- When appropriate, ensure successful case closure, documentation, and transition
- Provides crisis prevention, intervention, and supportive counseling, as needed.
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Due to the leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization's crisis plan and response efforts.
Supervises: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in social work, psychology, or other closely related field.
- At least two (2) years of experience in general interviewing practices and/or techniques, eligibility determination, counseling, social case/service work (including crisis prevention and intervention) or community resource referral, or closely related work with preferred experience working with persons with mental health conditions.
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices, assessments processes, treatment planning, outcome measurement and quality management.
- Experience working with low income, youth and families and/or other special population strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse audience.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with a positive attitude and handling sensitive and confidential information with maximum discretion.
- Proficiency required in Microsoft Office Products like: Word, Excel and other related computer programs.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Excels at customer service – Serves (treats) all customers (internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness in order to deepen relationships and advance UWBC and Community Partnership School’s mission.
- Drives for results – Has a passion for innovation and risk-taking, meeting and exceeding qualitative and quantitative goals in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- Commits to the organization – Has the responsibility for aligning one’s own behavior, leadership, and commitment with the needs, priorities, goals, and culture of UWBC.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion – Creates an atmosphere that respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas, and backgrounds and aligns with United Way’s values.
- Seizes learning – Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way’s mission.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks – Effectively manages time and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to deliver on organizational goals, objectives, and timelines, seeking help when needed to manage priorities.
- Personifies teamwork – Demonstrates good collaboration and communication effectively in any team setting.
Environment & Physical Demands: The environment is climate controlled (i.e., heated and air-conditioned). Lighting is adequate through overhead lighting as well as windows and blinds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical demands include sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time, bending, lifting approximately 25 pounds, regular use of the telephone, copier, fax and computer. Demands also involve protracted concentration.