June 15, 2020
Position Title: CarbonCorps Program Manager
Supervisor: Asst. Director, Attendance Awareness & Rural Education
Position Status: Full-Time/Hourly/Non-Exempt – 37.5 hours per week
Hourly Rate: $21.50
Grant funded position: Currently funded through August 2021. Subject to annual renewal.
Location: This position will work out of a shared office location TBD in Carbon County 4 days a week and the UWGLV Allentown, PA office 1 day a week.
The CarbonCorps Program Manager is responsible for the day to day operations of a school based AmeriCorps mentoring program in Carbon County, PA.
This position is responsible for the recruitment, retention, training and placement of school based AmeriCorps members and host site partners and all related compliance including: appropriate documentation and tracking of CarbonCorps member’s time, professional development and overall outcomes/performance pursuant to the requirements of CNCS and UWGLV grant requirements.
Additionally, the Program Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with host site supervisors and AmeriCorps members, as well as facilitating training and coaching to ensure that AmeriCorps mentors are implementing program with high fidelity.
Work Experience and/or Education
- 3-5 years of professional work experience in the non-profit or education sector in a range of the following: grant administration and/or program management, volunteer management, federal or state program management. Relevant experience in other sectors or related education considered in lieu of work experience.
- Direct experience preferred in the oversight and management of educational and youth programming initiatives such as mentoring, Positive Youth Development and case management.
- Successful experience managing, supervising or professionally coaching young professionals
- Excellent planning, management, and relationship building skills, with a proven ability to utilize various technology platforms
- This position requires frequent travel around Carbon County for onsite meetings. Staff members who drive a vehicle on UWGLV business must provide proof of a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission, vision, and goals of United Way
We believe that diversity of thought as well as cultural diversity of staff and volunteers strengthens United Way of Greater Lehigh Valley’s ability to achieve its mission, vision, philosophy and values. United Way is committed to having a workforce and volunteer teams that reflect and celebrate the diversity of our community in all respects. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley is an equal opportunity employer.
In addition to the base pay and annual merit increases this position is eligible for our org-wide performance based annual bonus package which is typically 1%-2% of base pay. The benefits package includes subsidized medical and dental insurance, fully paid life and ltd insurance, an employee funded vision insurance option, a 401k retirement plan with employer contributions and a generous paid leave policy.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may apply via Get Hired: https://easyapply.co/job/carboncorps-program-manager?rcid=uwglv
Questions? Contact: Mary Terp, Sr. Director, Human Resources at email@example.com or 610-807-5712