For over 75 years, United Way of Greater Baytown Area & Chambers County has served the community, which covers Baytown, Highlands, and Chambers County. With a focus on education, health, financial stability, and basic needs, United Way collaborates and partners with local human service organizations that provide programs tackling community-wide issues. For more information, visit https://www.unitedwaygbacc.org/
Work Schedule: Full-time. Core Hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Manager must be able to work a flexible schedule with the likelihood of some early morning, evening, and weekend work.
Position Summary: The Campaign Manager will work in partnership with volunteers and workplaces, developing and implementing strategic plans which will contribute to the achievement of UW’s fundraising goals. Manager will coordinate and manage the annual campaign to include workplace and individual solicitation and securing of financial and in-kind resources, supporting the campaign committee and workplace campaign teams. The manager will manage and monitor other team members as assigned.
This role helps advance United Way’s fundraising goals and will support the annual fundraising effort, specifically with workplace employee campaigns. Individual must be results-oriented, high energy and inspiring.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
CAMPAIGN RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop a comprehensive campaign plan of action that has clear objectives, reportable metrics, leads to new revenue streams, and supports all goals.
• Develop, in conjunction with volunteers, financial and non-financial goals for assigned portfolio in keeping with the overall campaign objectives.
• Meet annual goals: financial and other key performance indicators; provide reports for the CEO, campaign volunteers, and Board of Directors.
• Support the campaign cabinet; actively recruit and facilitate the committee’s work. Provide support to leadership volunteers by assisting in meeting preparation.
• Ensure that accurate, up-to-date information is maintained in the database for assigned accounts.
• Implement workplace campaign best practices including leadership giving and donor retention.
• Build relationships with CEOs and senior management of all workplace campaign accounts.
• Serve as primary liaison with Employee Campaign Coordinators. Provide ongoing training and communications.
• Identify and secure sponsors to support programs, initiatives, general operations and events.
• Establish reporting and documentation procedures that assure a high level of self-accountability and strive for increased team engagement (staff and volunteers).
• Provide frequent reports to the CEO, Board of Directors and campaign volunteers to show progress of the annual campaign and identify gaps in efforts.
• Working with support team members (in-house and outsourced) develop plan of action to reach individuals not currently connected with a workplace campaign to engage them in supporting the work of UWGBACC.
• Support the CEO in developing and managing the annual campaign budget. Manage and accurately report on campaign expenses.
• With the support of the team, ensure essential duties are successfully completed and all goals are met.
• Maximize giving growth to retain our current donor base and develop new business opportunities within the workplace campaign.
• Develop and implement a year-round strategic relationship program with priority donor network groups within the workplace campaign.
• Working with marketing & communication, create compelling direct mail response for annual solicitation efforts.
• Support the CEO with major giving program, as assigned.
• Other activities as needed to grow revenue and to ensure a successful campaign.
DONOR STEWARDSHIP & RESEARCH RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage the donor stewardship program to ensure donors feel appreciated; providing donors with relevant information to show how their donation was invested.
• Ensure that all donors are properly acknowledged, are invoiced accurately and timely, and receive frequent and effective communication regarding their investment to support community impact.
• Review and accurately code all gifts and payments. Ensure supporting data is included.
• Utilize Andar to support data-informed decision- making, analyzing donor information for trends, gaps, and opportunities for revenue growth and developing work plans which maximize potential for giving.
• Utilize research to better understand the demographics of UWGBACC’s jurisdiction and use this information to segment the community that leads to building more effective fundraising tools that enhance each solicitation effort.
• Develop a robust pipeline and prioritize prospecting based on expected results.
o Identify potential sponsors, individual donors, and new businesses to grow number of active accounts supporting the annual campaign.
• Build a culture of continuous improvement by using data to drive decisions.
• Working with support members (in-house and outsourced) supervise data management to ensure accuracy of data and timeliness of reports and acknowledgements. Ensure that donor data integrity is maintained.
• Other duties as needed to create a data-driven campaign effort.
COMMUNITY ACTION AND PUBLIC AWARENESS RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
• All UWGBACC employees will:
o Serve as United Way representatives and ambassadors, conveying the needs of the community to encourage individual contributions, advocacy, community and volunteer involvement, and will support campaign efforts to successful meet the annual fundraising goal.
o Utilize storytelling to outline the positive impact United Way has on the community, make compelling presentations to support the UWGBACC mission.
o Represent UWGBACC as needed at community events and meetings, workplace campaign events and meetings, special events, and to individuals and other opportunities with the intent of asking for contributions - always presenting a professional image.
o Provide volunteer training to better represent UWGBACC. Arrange for speakers and materials to support UWGBACC’s messaging during campaigns.
o Support the organization’s efforts to provide up to date and engaging social media posts and website pages and to create inspiring marketing materials.
o Support the volunteer program to ensure that all volunteers understand UWGBACC’s mission and purpose; processes, expectations and are provided relevant information to safely serve.
• Other duties as needed to ensure communication tools are consistent and successfully enhance the organization’s reputation.
AFFINITY GROUPS RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop a plan of action that will increase membership, build volunteer leaders and lead to sustainable and profitable affinity groups such as Emerging Leaders and Women United.
• Provide staff support and guidance to the affinity groups and specifically to the volunteer leadership.
• Identify year-round activities, host relevant events, and manage budget for the affinity groups.
• Identify, cultivate and secure donors in support of the affinity groups.
• Provide the CEO a detailed monthly report on recruitment and retention of members, and accurately tracks revenue and expenses.
• Other duties as needed to ensure Emerging Leader’s success.
GENERAL DUTIES RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
• All team members will actively support disaster response and recovery with specific tasks and assignments, as needed.
• Support general office duties: answering the main office phone line and greeting and helping individuals that enter the office.
• Ensure phone calls and emails are managed in a timely manner and that all safety protocols are in place.
• All team members will:
• demonstrate respect and appreciation for diversity;
• be an engaged member of the team and support the team’s overall success;
• handle highly sensitive and confidential financial, legal, personnel and institutional information while exercising professionalism and discretion;
• assess and take responsibility for own performance, seeking and responding to feedback;
• maintain loyalty to UWGBACC organizational policies and procedures;
• present an enthusiastic and pleasant demeanor to internal/external customers; and
• perform other related duties as assigned.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.