Campaign Finance Associate
Provide day-to-day processing in all aspects of pledge processing (administration of data entry and information analysis). Work with the Campaign Manager to ensure timely posting of all Workplace, Accounts Receivable (AR), adjustment envelopes and uploads.
Process campaign pledges and enter cash receipts into donor database in accordance with finance department procedures.
Prepare Microsoft Excel spreadsheets for upload into donor database.
Ensure that donor accounts are properly established, and pledges are recorded timely and properly in conformity with United Way standards.
Ensure that various campaign data is properly classified and segregated in the pledge system and meets reporting needs.
Ensure that administrative fees are properly calculated in the system and processed by the finance department accordingly.
Ensure that designation payouts are prepared in the pledge system timely and accurately based on policies, then reported to finance staff for payment processing.
Review monthly transactions in donor database.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Must possess outstanding Microsoft Excel skills, at an intermediate level or better preferred.
Strong analytical and organizational skills.
Must be able to meet deadlines.
Demonstrated attention to details.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Excellent customer service and follow through.
Works well under pressure.
Attention to detail.
Information gathering and processing.
Planning and organizing.
Using Information Technology.
Prior United Way pledge processing experience and/or other donor database experience preferred.
Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred.
Minimum 3 years of experience.
Excellent communication skills.
Excellent computer skills preferred.
With or without reasonable accommodation, employees in this position must be able to sit and type at a computer terminal for up to 8 hours per day with appropriate breaks and perform tasks that require fine dexterity and repetitive motions using the arms, hands, wrists and fingers. Further details of established essential functions for this position will be addressed/discussed during the interview process.
United Way of Southwest Louisiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legal protected characteristic or status.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.