When uploading your job description, be sure to include the following areas:
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Campaign & Finance Assistant is responsible for inputting, reporting and maintaining accurate and up-to-date campaign and finance data.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Prepare, post and/or assist with bank deposits
- Process accounts payable invoices, issue checks and maintain petty cash
- Generate daily check/cash logs tracking all income received
- Maintain donor designations excel worksheets and prepare payments per schedule
- Maintain archive records and destruction records per Record Retention policy
- Prepare and process all bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Assist with the Payroll process, as needed
- Assist with reconciling Donation Tracker software with the General Ledger, on a monthly basis
- Maintain campaign software and database reporting system, as well as detailed and current knowledge of all donor data
- Keep current on changes in the database management software
- Work with other staff members to complete the UW Worldwide Data Base II report and other reports
- Ensuring that there is disciplined and correct use of campaign software in capturing and reporting data
- Provide training and support on software, when asked or needed
- Work with Director of Campaign to coordinate and facilitate vendor orders, printing requests, campaign supplies and materials
- Print and process campaign mailings and thank you letters
- Assist answering the telephone, as needed
- Performs other duties, projects and responsibilities, as assigned
- AS in Accounting or at least two (2) years in bookkeeping experience.
- Demonstrated personal computer skills with MS Office applications and other common software applications.
- Acceptable work ethics, professional conduct and appearance, reflecting United Way’s image and values.
- Ability to prioritize and balance competing demands.
- Maintain a high degree of detail, integrity, discretion and confidentiality
Work is in a controlled, agreeable environment as generally represented by normal office conditions. Employees may be required to assist with or attend various offsite events related to programs or fund raising that are scheduled evenings and/or weekends. These events may require several hours on your feet and assisting with heavy lifting and carrying.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.