United Way of Greater High Point Mission
United Way of Greater High Point, Inc. develops community resources and partnerships that support a broad array of critical health and human service needs in our community. Resources are focused on community impact programs that promote and improve education, financial stability, and health in Greater High Point.
Campaign Division Director is responsible for developing, and executing, and achieving UWGHP’S fundraising and relationship management objectives within a portfolio of workplace accounts. This position performs managerial, sales, public relations, analytical and coordination tasks to support the mission of United Way of Greater High Point.
- Utilize UWGHP database to support data-informed decision making about workplace accounts, analyze donor information for trends, gaps, and opportunities for revenue growth and develop work plans which maximize potential for giving.
- Create and achieve annual and long-term business plan objectives needed to secure the resources under management necessary to support the work of UWGHP-this includes developing and attaining annual fundraising goals.
- Implement workplace campaign best practices including leadership giving and donor retention.
- Once funding is secured, create and conduct programs of stewardship for donors, and serve as the primary point of contact and relationship manager for principal donors.
- Provide accurate donor information capture in UWGHP database.
- Maximize giving growth to retain our current donor base and develop new business opportunities within the workplace campaign.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Three years minimum of development, special events, or marketing experience or comparable experience considered.
- Creative problem-solving skills required.
- Knowledge of special event fundraising
- Knowledge of sales, marketing and public relations methods and techniques
- Ability to develop and lead cross-functional teams
- Strong project and event management skills
- Ability to conduct basic research and obtain necessary information
- Ability to recruit, train and supervise the work of volunteers
- Microsoft proficient
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, high quality environment
- Ability to speak and write clearly and concisely for a broad audience
- Ability to analyze and understand financial and statistical data
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Must be able to work nights, weekends when necessary
Organizational Core Competencies Required:
Adaptability: anticipates changing circumstances and acts proactively to prevent crises; responds in an open-minded, constructive and focused way.
Customer Relationship Management: puts the customer at the center of every activity, process and communication; engages customers to improve their experience with the UWGHP brand.
Communication: demonstrates effective verbal and written skills; utilizes various styles to get ideas across; confirms what is said to ensure mutual understanding.
Results Orientation: is outcome oriented in decisions and actions; thinks in terms of "what can I accomplish?"
Self/Staff Development: actively participates in self-development through learning and development opportunities; seeks out opportunities to become not only more proficient in his/her role, but to gain more knowledge of the organization.
Strategic Thinking: utilizes knowledge of the industry to leverage the organization's strengths; seeks out new channels and venues to deliver UWGHP’S message.
Technical Expertise: commands a thorough understanding of the subject matter for their role; keeps current and up to date with new information for their role.
Accountability/Brand Stewardship: takes responsibility for the use and protection of all resources in his/her control; ensures use of resources that aligns with the mission of UWGHP as well as with customer expectations.
- Represents UWGHP positively, professionally, courteously and effectively.
- Assists or takes on new tasks to help United Way of Greater High Point achieve its mission.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding personnel and organizational information.
- Adheres to and always models the UWGHP Code of Ethics.
When uploading your job description, be sure to include the following areas:
About United Way of ANYTOWN
[Insert brief overview of United Way of ANYTOWN]
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Desirable, But Not Required
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.