Why Work for United Way:
Do you want to leave work every day knowing that you made an impact? At United Way of South Hampton Roads, you’ll work in a fun and supportive environment where every day is a new opportunity to make a difference. If you talk to our employees, the single trait we all have in common is passion. We love what we do, and we do it with conviction and purpose because we know how much our community needs us. You’ll learn from some of the best in the business and be constantly challenged in an ever-changing industry. If you want to be great while doing good, join the United Way team.
Every year, United Way of South Hampton Roads hires a team of Campaign Managers to help run the annual Community Campaign. These managers will coach and support Employee Campaign Leaders (ECLs), who are raising money within their companies. It’s their job to help the ECLs be successful, to inspire their employees to meet/exceed their goals and to grow fans of United Way. We are currently looking Campaign Managers starting from mid-August through the end of November. This position is a temporary, full-time position that supports United Way staff and reports to the Campaign Director.
Even though this is a temporary position, Campaign Managers meet and interact with many local company leaders, providing an exceptional networking and growth opportunity. In fact, some of our key staff started their careers at United Way as Campaign Managers!
If you have excellent communication and presentation skills as well as a positive, problem-solving attitude, this may be the perfect position for you. Successful candidates must be self-starters and comfortable working in a team environment. Sales or customer service experience is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gain a working knowledge of United Way, our certified agencies, current programs, and community projects.
- Contact and work primarily with Employee Campaign Leaders to help them plan, organize and conduct effective company campaigns. This includes providing all necessary campaign materials, developing strategies to meet goals and help executing the campaign.
- Give presentations about United Way, funded programs and agencies, and those benefitted in the community.
- Accept responsibility for achieving dollar goals set by United Way volunteers and staff.
- Maintain complete records on the assigned accounts, campaign activities, and results.
- Attend weekly meetings with United Way staff to report progress, share successes and problem-solve barriers.
- Attend campaign meetings and functions, inside and outside normal work days/times, as needed.
- Provide an evaluation with recommendations for future campaigns for each account.
- Research online data concerning individuals and companies.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Ability to style-flex to many different people, organizations, situations.
- Powerful presentations, from one-on-one to large groups. Engaging, outgoing, sincere style.
- Strong written and oral communications in person, in writing, and over the phone with a variety of people, from CEOs to front-line workers to large groups.
- Manage many projects, prioritizing and planning for highest productivity.
- Successfully solicit donations from current and new givers/businesses.
- Excellent customer service. Professional, detail oriented and punctual.
- Provide ample follow up with Employee Campaign Leaders to ensure timely completion of campaign.
- A strong work ethic and innovative spirit.
- Initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Flexibility and ability to manage issues and crisis calmly and effectively.
- Represent United Way of South Hampton Roads with a professional appearance and demeanor.
- College degree or transferrable work experience.
- Demonstrated success in sales/fundraising, customer service, teamwork.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of current insurance.
- Walking, standing or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Interested? Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We will continue accepting applications until the positions are filled.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.