The Campaign Director is a member of the Product Development/Project Management Team with the primary duty to generate financial resources for United Way of Acadiana. This Director serves as a “Relationship Champion” for United Way of Acadiana by fostering relationships with current and prospective donors and by identifying market segments to grow UWA’s resource base.
The Campaign Director is responsible for managing volunteers and Resource Development (RD) staff focused on the Annual Workforce Campaign, special fundraising events, securing revenue for special products, affinity group growth and management, as well as cultivation of gifts from individuals in order to meet annual fundraising goals.
Effective leadership will yield results through the following activities:
- Grow revenue from investments from the workforce sector, major givers, targeted affinity groups, special events and product sales
- Generate revenue from corporate and individual gifts to UWA
- Cultivate loyalty and trust for UWA from informed supporters
- Facilitate year-round engagement of supporters both current and lapsed
- Strategy development to cultivate and acquire new supporters
- Successfully support volunteer cabinet members and United Way other volunteer “champions” to grow financial support from the communities we serve
In this leadership role, it is imperative to maintain a strong working knowledge of UWA impact accomplishments, the impact strategy map, community needs as well as organizational policies, especially the fundraising and designation policies of UWA.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a “relationship champion” by fostering an environment in which volunteers and staff become stewards of the relationship between United Way of Acadiana and its investors.
- Create a team environment within the RD department that strongly views each current and prospective supporter as a valued customer.
2.Resource Development and Acquisition
- Provide Staff Leadership to meet annual fund-raising goals, including strategy development and implementation.
- Leverage staff and volunteer talents in resource acquisition.
- Rely on data to plan, manage and identify trends.
- Develop and execute annual work plans that complement the UWA strategic plan for the Resource Development Department and the entire organization.
- Provide staff leadership for special fundraising events, Loyalty Donors, Leadership and Tocqueville donors, and product sales.
- Champion best practices as well as innovation in resource development.
- Serve as a member of the UWA staff team by modeling its organizational values and meeting team expectations, cross-functionally supporting the work of staff and volunteers, and by following all UWA policies and procedures.
- Provide supervision to department employees that maximizes their effectiveness and accountability while fostering their growth and learning.
Bachelor’s Degree required; master’s degree preferred
At least three years of experience in fundraising, fund development, marketing/public relations, or sales.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.