POSITION: Data Entry Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of Processing
OBJECTIVE: Indiana United Ways (IUW) is a statewide organization that helps local United Ways to thrive. UniFi Solutions, a division of IUW provides campaign processing services support to its clients. Knowledge of campaign record-keeping practice and software tools is critical to this work. UniFi Solutions team members work together to maintain high client satisfaction, providing services that produce revenue sufficient to sustain operations. The ability to deliver timely, accurate, customer friendly service is essential to maintaining a high-level of customer satisfaction and their sustaining support.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties require planning, organizing, and performing a variety of campaign related duties for UniFi customers. Requires attention to detail, high degree of accuracy, reliability, timeliness, and use of judgment keeping the overall work flow professionally moving forward. Also requires writing ability and concentration. Access to and use of confidential data where discretion/sensitivity is of utmost importance. Specifics include:
- Assist with audits of campaign pledges and campaign report envelopes, designation coding, and recording payments.
- Assist with generating campaign reports, importing data (Andar Connector), scanning pledge forms, and assisting processors with audit preparation.
- Assist with the development of procedures and documentation for campaign pledge processing.
- Work closely with accounting services’ and campaign team members. Generates transaction registers and helps resolve pledge balance issues.
- Assist the Processor, as needed, in keying envelope face control totals and entering transactions, including designations, and payment detail in client databases.
- Perform general campaign database maintenance, including merging duplicate accounts, creating new accounts, and maintaining account names and addresses.
- Support other Unifi Solutions’ processes as needed.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to coordinate work with accounting and campaign teams
- Ability to manage and meet multiple external deadlines
- Moderate level of decision making and creativity skills
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Accounts receivable experience is preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team-based environment and build and maintain relationships across diverse staff and members
- Strong customer service experience: proactive approach, delighting the customer
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with warmth and humor. High level of prioritization and organization skills.
- Heightened ability to discern and execute independent judgement. Problem solver.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office computer applications to include Word, Outlook, and Excel and able to execute at a beginner or above level.
- Ability to type 75 WPM with accuracy
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Moderate level of mental and/or visual fatigue and/or eyestrain may result from looking at a computer screen for extended periods of time and moderate office noise level.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Moderate level of stress caused from tight deadlines.
- Occasional work outside of normal business hours is required.
- During campaign season (End of September – March) vacation and other time off is on a limited basis.
- Periodic travel, access to own transportation, and valid driver's license are required.
All IUW employees embrace and demonstrate the following:
- Integrity by being accountable for actions, keeping commitments, and speaking honestly and truthfully with others
- A continuous improvement work ethic
- A commitment to individual and team-based assignments
- Quality assurance by producing accurate and thorough work
- Interpersonal skills in dealing with others
- Valuing the diversity of others’ opinions and experiences
- Sound reasoning and good common sense
- The ability to meet and exceed customer expectations
- A willingness to develop self, team members, volunteers and members
- Active participation in departmental, team, and full-staff meetings
Indiana United Ways is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.