About United Way of Greater Baytown Area & Chambers County
For nearly 75 years, United Way of the Greater Baytown Area & Chambers County has tackled our community’s most difficult issues in the areas of education, financial stability and health. For more information about your United Way, visit: www.unitedwaygbacc.org
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
To improve lives in our community by organizing fund drives within local companies to provide support for local human service programs. Tasks include meeting with company representatives to plan, implement, execute, and close United Way employee campaigns.
The campaign coordinator manages employee campaigns to achieve established dollar goals. The coordinator will support United Way's commitment to providing excellent customer service by facilitating communication and relationship-building with key constituencies (local organizations, businesses, and individuals).
This role helps advance United Way’s fundraising goals and will support the annual fundraising effort, specifically with workplace campaigns. Individual must be results-oriented, high energy and inspiring.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Campaign /Corporate Account Management (60%)
- Provide effective consultation to help companies design effective employee giving campaigns.
- Serve as primary liaison with employee campaign coordinators.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with companies, donors, and volunteers.
- Assist in the development and implementation of employee campaigns, as well as supporting overall campaign efforts.
- Identify companies and donors for staff to cultivate beyond the campaign period.
Campaign Activities/Stewardship (25%)
- Make presentations to individuals and groups with the intent of asking for contributions to support the UWGBACC mission.
- Receive coaching and feedback on utilizing storytelling to outline the positive impact United Way has on the community.
- Act as a resource for external and internal audiences.
- Play a significant role in securing funding for UWGBACC by motivating and asking target audiences to give.
- Arrange for speakers and materials to support UWGBACC’s messaging during campaigns.
- Complete the entire employee campaign process with companies.
- Assist local employers in the planning, implementing, conducting and closing successful United Way workforce campaigns.
- Serve as United Way representative and ambassador, conveying the needs of the community to encourage individual contributions, advocacy, community and volunteer involvement.
- Facilitate Orientation for Employee Campaign Coordinators (ECC’s)
- Provide excellent customer service and professionalism at all times.
- Build and maintain healthy and supportive working relationships with stakeholders.
- Conduct presentations to key community groups, workplaces and other opportunities.
- Assist with the planning and execution of all campaign related events and meetings.
- Assist Employee Campaign Coordinators and committees with all key campaign elements to ensure successful workforce campaigns.
- Manage department’s inventory.
- Coordinate and deliver campaign materials.
- Collect and report campaign contributions.
Data / Administrative (15%)
- Support the Director of Resource Development to meet all fundraising goals, support volunteers and committees, and provide relevant reporting and analysis.
- Manage the campaign calendar to include events, meetings, campaign and reporting dates.
- Prepare donor and workplace campaign reports.
- Consistently track and report campaign progress and results.
- Process all donor acknowledgements.
- Maintain current, detailed records of all campaign activities in the customer relationship software system.
- Support donor stewardship through timely written, verbal and electronic communications.
- Research best practices as related to United Way fundraising.
- Assist with the development of campaign marketing materials and donor communications including the newsletter.
- Manage the annual campaign awards and recognition.
- Assist with general office support: phone, events, and meetings.
- Meet or exceed job competencies on a consistent basis.
- Maintain loyalty to UWGBACC organizational policies and procedures.
- Maintain professional and organizational standards while representing UWGBACC within external community.
- Display a business professional appearance.
- Display passion for UWGBACC’s mission.
- Present an enthusiastic and pleasant demeanor to internal/external customers.
- Maintain a service-oriented work ethic.
- Demonstrate respect and appreciation for diversity.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and one year minimal experience working in sales/marketing. (Required)
- United Way or other nonprofit experience (Desired). Knowledge of the community and bilingual is a plus.
- Excellent public speaking and written communication skills. (Required)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel) (Required)
- Must be able to manage a variety of projects and programs and able to analyze, interpret and prepare data for internal and external use.
- Must be able to effectively organize and present information in group settings to instill confidence and increase overall engagement.
- Must be able to work effectively both independently and collaboratively.
- Must be a high-energy individual with a positive outlook.
- Spanish speaking, desired.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
- Constantly uses vision abilities including: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Frequently exchanges information in person and/or in writing via telephone and computer
- Employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Frequently operates a computer and other office machinery to compile and retrieve information, etc. to draft and write, to handle paperwork
- Periodic travel is required. Must have a valid driver’s license, automobile insurance, and a reliable vehicle.
- Occasionally positions self to reach files, binders, etc. above the head and/or near the floor
- Occasionally must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Occasional work outside of normal business hours.
The information in this job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee and does not list all duties of the specific job.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.