United Way of the Capital Region is looking for candidates interested in developing leadership, sales, management and presentation skills along with making valuable business connections.
The Campaign Associate will gain greater knowledge of our community needs and resources and leave the program feeling deeply integrated into our community.
This is a part-time seasonal opportunity to work 25-30 hours/week from Aug 26 until Thanksgiving.
Campaign Associates function as extensions of the Resource Development team in coordinating employee fundraising campaigns and soliciting employee pledges throughout the Capital Region. Campaign Associates work with the company campaign coordinators to plan, implement and manage successful employee campaigns. The Campaign Associates facilitate employee meetings and events, and handle administrative aspects of employee campaigns that range from ordering materials, delivering materials, picking up results, preparing final campaign reports, etc. In short, the Campaign Associates play a vital role in successful employee campaigns.
Campaign Associates will be provided training, and are expected to demonstrate knowledge in the following areas: UWCR Community Impact work and business model, making presentations (group and one-on-one), teamwork coordination, fundraising (as relates to corporate and individual giving), creating a compelling case for support, and volunteer/donor engagement through relationship building.
- Research companies assigned and then analyze the results of past campaigns.
- Prepare reports with recommendations for improvements.
- Reach out to company campaign coordinators and implement a tailored campaign strategy.
- Maintain current detailed records and reports on assigned accounts to ensure a successful campaign and documenting data and account information into our relationship management software.
- Accurately convey the mission and benefits of UWCR to general public and community leaders through formal and informal presentations.
- Provide campaign materials attend meetings and pick up campaign results.
- Monitor and motivate campaign coordinators and volunteers to be active in the annual campaign and help build long term relationships between them and UWCR.
- Manage and monitor campaign progress on a regular basis making adjustments as necessary to attain goal and ensure that Campaign Managers receive up-to-date reports on a timely basis.
- Demonstrate team spirit by working cooperatively with other staff members.
- Meet regularly with United Way staff to review progress and address challenges.
- Complete required campaign log forms, tracking reports and evaluation forms, as well as update donor information as new or more current information is discovered.
- Adhere to all UWCR policies, procedures and code of ethics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication, public speaking, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make professional presentations to groups large and small.
- Possess and maintain current drivers’ license with full time access to an automobile.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team are essential.
- Proficiency with office equipment and computer software is essential.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This is a Part-Time Seasonal position with an hourly rate between $12.50 - $13.50, commensurate with experience.
All applicants must submit a letter of interest and rsume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Campaign Associate" in the subject line.