JOB TITLE: Campaign Associate (Seasonal)
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT:
This position is part of the Development Team and is hired by United Way of Washtenaw COunty (UWWC) to assist the Resource Development team during the annual United Way campaign from September through mid-December. This position serves as an extension of the United Way Development Staff during the campaign and provides a wide range of support to ensure the success of the Annual Campaign.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Quickly gains a working knowledge of UWWC and our work.
- Develops positive, professional working relationships with the Resource Development team and assists them with planning, organizing and conducting effective campaigns. Responsibilities include providing necessary campaign materials (ordering and delivering), coordinating speakers and agency tours, prompt and thorough follow-up, and collection of campaign contributions.
- Provides the highest standards of customer service and professionalism.
- Maintains complete and accurate records within UWWC’s donor database.
- Provides written evaluations for each assigned account with an analysis of campaign strategies, results, and recommendations to improve future campaigns.
- Attend related campaign meetings/functions as needed.
ACCOUNTABILITY: In order to be successful in this job, a Campaign Associate must consistently demonstrate:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with many types of work styles.
- Community/service oriented, highly professional with confident people skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent presentation skills.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Motivated to work effectively and takes initiative in a diverse environment with an adaptive communication style.
- Ability to work with teams or independently.
- Effectively manages workload and completes deadlines timely.
- Ability to represent UWWC in a professional manner; maintains client confidentiality at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license/insurance and a reliable automobile. Ability to travel locally 25-50% of time.
- Able to work full-time and irregular hours (evening or weekend if needed).
- High school diploma or equivalent; two or four-year degree preferred. 1-3 years’ work experience or equivalent combination of higher education and internship experience. Sales experience a plus.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Able to lift up 25 lbs. and to walk, sit or stand for extended periods of time.