Plymouth Community United Way is located in Plymouth, MI.
This is a small office that serves Plymouth and Canton Michigan. Located in Wayne County.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage United Way Annual Campaign by developing general campaign plan and timetable, set campaign goals and projections and develop strategies for campaign divisions
- Organize campaign structure as needed to respond to changes in the workplace, direct mail appeals and campaign trends
- Cultivate donors including leadership givers, corporate supporters and other investors
- Develop major gift strategies that align with the organization’s long term goals
- Effectively present information, through public speaking and presentations
- Maintain donor records
- Maintain accurate reporting in all divisions of campaign and analyze results
- Coordinate and conduct workplace campaigns
- Coordinate campaign events with committee and special events staff
- Recruit and train campaign volunteers
- Maintain knowledge of local, political, social and economic factors that will impact campaign
- Collaboration with staff to ensure campaign data is accurate
- Campaign material development with Company committee coordinator
- Cultivate community support for PCUW by maintaining contacts with local businesses and individuals
- Assist in developing campaign and marketing materials
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, nonprofit management, Social work or related work required. Master’s degree a plus
- 2-5 years’ experience in non-profit field
- Knowledge and experience in planned giving a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team player and multi-tasker
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Valid Michigan driver’s license
- Must be able to lift 25-50 lbs.
We are a small office where everyone works together on different projects, campaign and events as needed.
OTHER DUTIES - As required
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Please email resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.