United Way of Greater High Point Mission
United Way of Greater High Point, Inc. develops community resources and partnerships that support a broad array of critical health and human service needs in our community. Resources are focused on community impact programs that promote and improve education, financial stability, and health in Greater High Point.
Campaign Associate: Responsible for developing, and executing, and achieving the organization’s fundraising and relationship management objectives within a portfolio of workplace accounts. In addition, is responsible for direct mailing projects. This position performs managerial, sales, database tasks to support the mission of United Way of Greater High Point.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage and engage with key volunteer leaders in the implementation of strategies within assigned accounts while providing optimal support and customer service.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the history, corporate culture, operating rhythms, etc. of assigned corporations, developing personalized and differentiated approaches to each client and its constituents.
- Build awareness of UWGHP, its mission, fundraising, and recruitment needs by educating employees and corporations on the positive benefits of their time and resources dedicated to UWGHP, solidifying the relationship between the individuals, UWGHP, and their communities.
- Assist in attracting and retaining new business and donors
- Foster relationships with corporate leaders/senior management of all workplace campaigns
- Maintain and update donor records using Andar database
- Handles E-pledge process (Online giving platform)
- Introduce and develop workplace fundraising best practices within accounts to increase engagement with UWGHP and deepen the commitment of the corporations and their employees.
- Responsible for Professional and Healthcare solicitation mailings
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2 years previous experience in a fundraising, development, sales, communication and/or public relations capacity is preferred.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office products (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and cloud-based applications required.
- Excellent people skills, negotiation, analytical, organizational, project and time management skills.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills required, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and make sound decisions quickly and accurately.
- Ability to analyze and understand financial and statistical data
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Must be able to work nights, weekends when necessary
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Reliable personal transportation required.
Competencies: Communication Skills, Relationship Building, Flexible, Accountability, Technologically Proficient, Collaborator