When uploading your job description, be sure to include the following areas:
The mission of United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey (UWGPSNJ) is to meaningfully and measurably reduce intergenerational poverty in our region by harnessing, leveraging and strategically investing the collective power of donors, advocates and volunteers. Together, we can help individuals and families break the cycle of poverty. For more information, visit www.unitedforimpact.org.
Campaign Associate is a full-time, temporary position in United Way’s Giving Department. Campaign Associates play an important part in United Way’s annual fundraising campaign, which raises millions of dollars for the community each year. Associates serve as the primary point of contact for an assigned group (portfolio) of corporate and nonprofit partners. Key responsibilities: support employee giving campaigns by helping with planning, logistics, and execution; organize and support and/or host virtual volunteer activities; for companies and local boards, schedule meetings, take notes, and operate Zoom controls; and input information in UWGPSNJ’s database. This job is an excellent way to learn about the nonprofit and philanthropic landscape in Philadelphia.
The position starts the week of August 24, 2020 and ends December 4, 2020. Campaign Associates will be compensated at a rate of $20 per hour, plus reimbursement for travel. Regular full-time employees are scheduled to work Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Work can be performed primarily remotely but will, from time-to-time, require in-person meetings at which COVID 19 precautions shall be taken. Associates will have access to a company-provided laptop and dedicated workspace at United Way’s offices in Center City Philadelphia.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBLITIES
• Clearly articulate the mission and value of United Way to diverse external audiences
• With strong attention to customer service, create positive working relationships with campaign contacts to help develop plans to encourage leadership support and participation from company staff;
• Research account history and analyze campaign activity, as well as provide reports internally and externally;
• Maintain complete and detailed recordkeeping;
• Deliver United Way presentations at campaign events (probably via Zoom or other virtual platform);
• Organize and support virtual volunteer activities, working to match companies and nonprofits;
• Secure and process campaign results; ensure accurate transfer to UWGPSNJ’s finance team;
• Support meetings with companies and local boards (acting as Zoom facilitator, notetaker, admin)
• Assist Giving Associates and other UWGPSNJ staff as needed.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience preferred
• Two or more years experience with fundraising, volunteer management, nonprofits and/or communications
• Motivated, highly organized self-starter comfortable working collaboratively with colleagues at all levels and able to work autonomously with strategic guidance;
• Ability to plan strategically, organize priorities, multitask, and analyze basic data
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Facility with online conferencing tools, plus any advanced skills in writing, PPT presentations, video editing, graphics creation/design would be highly desirable
• Excellent computer and phone skills, including advanced competency with Microsoft Office and databases
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.