Position: Campaign Associate
Report to: Executive Director
Position’s Purpose: Serves as support to the fundraising and volunteer activites of the organization
Education: High School graduate
Experience: Previous experience preferred or related training.
Attention to detail and ability to proof materials
Ability to adapt to multiple databases
Excellent phone skills
Ability to handle multiple projects and to work independently
Proficient at the Microsoft suites especially Excel
Desire to learn new tasks
Desired skills: Computer experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Data Entry
Duties and responsibilities:
Back up to the administrative coordinator for phone coverage
Working in a team effort, produce the information needed for various monthly such as monthly financial statements, audit, Form 990 etc.
Working with the administrative coordinator and executive director, process the deposits into the campaign software and send to the designated accounting firm.
Campaign Maintain and update data files on campaign software computer including but not limited to: annual update of major accounts, volunteer committees etc.
Responsible for auditing, entering and processing of all pledge information.
Responsible for entering, auditing, running reports and producing a summary report for donor designations and working with the accounting firm to payout designations
Prepare and review with Executive Director report required by United Way Worldwide, such as Database II
Prepare and put together materials account executive calls including profile reports, employee goals, leadership giving reports etc.
Assist with Leadership Giving, the Blitz and Community Business phone-a-thons including but not limited to preparing call sheets, pledge cards and collateral materials..
Have an understanding of Standard M from United Way Worldwide.
Coordinate bulk mailing with Executive Director which includes running labels, oversee volunteer activity, and prepare according to postal regulations.
Pack campaign materials for presentations.
Coordiante the production of tax receipts to be mailed out by January 31
Work with the executive director, coordinate and implement volunteer trainings such as loaned executive, agency speaker and campaign coordinators.
Produce personalized pledge cards as requested.
Input campaign goals into the campaign software and prepare reports to determine what companies will be recognized at the annual celebration.
Maintain the campaign processing files in orderly manner as outlined by Executive Director and retention policy
Be apart of the United Way team that plans, coordinates and implements special events such as the kick off, annual celebration etc.
Assist the Fast Track Coordinator in a variety of ways such as Stuff the Bus events, setting up collection sites, attend school events as requested
At least 22.5 hours of training that will enhance the job performance of this position. Training subject to approval by executive director and budget restrictions.
All other duties as assigned.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.