United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County
Sr. Manager, Corporate Campaigns
July 14, 2022
San Antonio, Texas
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is dedicated to improving people’s lives by helping individuals and creating community-level change. Our work includes leading cross-sector collaborations, advocating for public policy changes, and investing in programs and initiatives that help those in need and prevent problems from happening in the first place. Improving quality of life and advancing the greater good involves focusing in four Impact areas: 1) preparing children for kindergarten 2) encouraging students to graduate and reach their full potential 3) helping individuals and families become self-sufficient, and 4) providing a safety net of services for those in crisis.
This position is responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, and administration of a comprehensive campaign fundraising plan within an assigned group of new and existing accounts.
Campaign Associates become a full-time extension of the United Way staff during the campaign season (approximately 18 weeks). They provide education and training to campaign leaders and effectively communicate the United Way message through public speaking before groups of various sizes. The Campaign Associate should be comfortable in hosting virtual and in person meetings and giving presentations.
Campaign Associates are enthusiastic and genuine in their passion for this organization and for helping our community.
TEMPORARY POSITION -LENGTH OF ASSIGNMENT
Campaign Associates hired for this position commit to working with United Way for approximately 18 weeks typically beginning with training in late July and running through November. Job is scheduled to begin July 25, 2022 and end November 18, 2022.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Campaign Associates will communicate closely with their assigned staff leads to coordinate activities, resolve issues, and provide ongoing updates. They will work with a diverse staff that may be senior or junior in tenure. Responsibilities include:
- Support company campaign representatives in developing strategic campaign solutions and executing campaign plans
- Establish and manage meaningful relationships with assigned campaigns
- Provide premier customer service to company representatives, keeping them informed about United Way
- Coordinate in-person and virtual employee meetings. Making presentations and effectively communicate the United Way message to small and large employee groups at various times
- Deliver requested campaign supplies and materials
- Assist with obtaining company campaign results, complete, and pick up final reports and money. Ensure assigned companies receive appropriate donor recognition
- Regularly update campaign activity using United Way’s internal computer system
- Communicate closely with staff to coordinate account activities, resolve scheduling conflicts, and provide ongoing updates on campaign status
- Support and participate in possible company volunteer virtual activities and/or special events. Duties may include assisting with the planning and execution of the project and ensuring volunteers have a meaningful experience
- Support campaign-wide initiatives in assigned roles
- Attend regularly scheduled team meetings
- Maintain normal office hours at United Way when not at company campaign
- Host virtual and/or in person meetings with company employee campaign managers and committee members
- Promote and schedule virtual and in person employee campaign meetings
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree of its equivalent is preferred
- Demonstrated capability to identify, cultivate and solicit gifts from individuals, corporations, and private foundations
- Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and take full ownership of assignments
- Ability to set expectations, establish priorities and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced development department
- Outstanding written communication skills and oral communication skills for individual and group interactions and presentations.
- A personal leadership and management style that promotes collaboration and accessibility.
- A commitment to community service
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, while working efficiently and addressing a wide variety of considerations under deadlines
- Ability to host in-person and virtual meetings and feel comfortable making in-person and virtual presentations
- Hybrid work environment.
- Reliable personal transportation required.
- Monday-Friday, 8:15 am to 4:45 pm work week with occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Lift or move up to 20 lbs.
Applicants must supply their own computer hardware and home internet. The minimum requirements are outlined below:
- Windows or Mac laptop (No Chromebooks)
- Capable of running Microsoft Office 365, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, etc. (provided by UWSA)
- Wifi capabilities
- Minimum of 1 available USB port
- Video camera for web conferencing
- Headset for web conferencing
- Windows 7, 8, 10, 11 OS
- Mac OS X at least 10.15.7
- Antivirus program /with active subscription
- Malware protection / with active subscription
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (free version) or equivalent
SPECIAL SKILLS / INFORMATION
Dynamic leadership, exceptional relationship building, business development and fundraising/sales, results orientation, strong written and verbal communication skills, strategic relationship management, entrepreneurial and innovative, volunteer management
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. The contents of this job description may change as deemed necessary by United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County.
To submit your application visit http://bit.ly/uwsajobs.
- Applications WILL NOT be accepted via email.
- Contact email@example.com should you experience problems submitting your application.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County | 700 South Alamo St., San Antonio TX, 78205 | www.unitedwaysatx.org