We've been looking for you. :) United Way of Lake and Sumter Counties is pleased to announce a unique opening in a fun, thriving, and growing organization. If you find the description below matches your skills and willingness, please reach out and let us schedule a time to review your qualifications, show you your office, and if all goes well, welcome you aboard in this important role.
The Finance Coordinator, who reports to our FInancial Director, is responsible for inputting, reporting, and maintaining accurate and up-to-date campaign and finance data. This position is data driven, and essential to maintaining accurate numbers from which other departments make decisions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Prepare, post and/or assist with bank deposits
- Process accounts payable invoices, issue checks
- Generate daily revenue logs used in tracking all income received
- Maintain donor designation excel worksheets
- Maintain archive records and destruction records per Record Retention policy
- Prepare and process all bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Assist with reconciling CRM/Donation software with the General Ledger, on a monthly basis
- Maintain CRM/Donation software campaign and donor data and data reporting
- Work with other staff members to complete all needed reports to United Way Worldwide
- Work with Director of Finance to provide data and input for the purpose of budget development and financial reporting to auditor, board members, and CEO.
- Print and process campaign mailings and thank you letters
- Performs other duties, projects and responsibilities, as assigned
- AS in Accounting (Bachelor's preferred) and/or 3-5 years in bookkeeping experience.
- Demonstrated personal computer skills with MS Office applications and other common software applications.
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Working knowledge and experience in QuickBooks strongly preferred
- Internally driven to achieve results; quality focused.
- Ability to prioritize and balance competing demands.
- Maintain a high degree of detail, integrity, discretion and confidentiality
Our organization is both structured and spontaneous. There are standard processes, AND there are areas being developed in which no knowledge of what processes might be needed in the future, yet exists. Thus, for a linear, detail oriented individual, there is certainly sufficient stability, order, and pristine numerical record keeping to keep you consistently engaged in your role. Our leadership team is strong; our board is highly supportive; and if you are a fan of drama or lots of gossip, we encourage you to keep looking as it doesn't live here and isn't welcome. If, however, you are professional, kind, and occassionally joke cracking, fun person who works hard and enjoys the satisfaction of accurate accomplishment, we're eager to talk with you. We operate with a great deal of respect for our internal team members and our clients, as well as our donors, and all members of our community. We are quickly becoming a "go-to" resource and are on track to again double our revenue at the end of 2021, so the value placed on accurate data entry and numerical monitoring is even higher than in some years of our now 55 year history.
Review the responsibilities and wage range and determine if this is your next opportunity. We welcome all qualified candidates and typically conduct two to three interviews before making hiring decisions. Best of success and we look forward to reviewing your resume and application, as well as meeting you in person.