Monadnock United Way (MUW) is seeking a professional, energetic fundraiser to join a team of equally high energy professionals who want to make a difference in this community. Our ideal candidate is innovative and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
The Campaign and Donor Relations Manager raises support for and advances MUW’s mission through the annual campaign and other donor relations activities. This outward facing, results-oriented role requires a fundraising professional who is passionate about community collaboration and who has the ability to motivate a large network of volunteers.
The Manager will oversee MUW’s annual campaign while developing new practices to revamp the campaign over the next 3-5 years. In this role, the Manager works closely with high level volunteers to meet campaign goals and increase MUW’s exposure within the business community as well as with individual donors and prospective donors throughout the Monadnock region. Volunteer cultivation, engagement, and training skills are core to this position.
The Manager will manage a portfolio of Leadership Givers as well as potential Leadership Givers with emphasis on building individual relationships and increasing gift levels. The Manager will also identify and engage loyal donors at all levels to develop a pipeline of donors for endowment support and planned giving. Additionally, the Manager will develop innovative outreach programs for affinity groups – such as retirees – in line with MUW’s focus areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of the campaign, including creating a vision and strategy for the campaign to transform it, improving on results and returns.
- Volunteer recruitment, training and management, including working closely with General Campaign Chairs and high level campaign cabinet volunteers.
- Manage the Loaned Employee program, a crucial component of the workplace campaign.
- Identify new organizations to run workplace campaigns and work with a volunteer team to cultivate these businesses. Support and strengthen relationships with organizations that currently support MUW campaign.
- Oversee the data entry process to ensure accurate donor information and reporting.
- Manage various campaign events.
- Cultivate a defined portfolio of Leadership Givers under supervision of the Director of Resource Development
- Create & implement stewardship and recognition programs to increase giving levels and loyalty.
- Track & engage lapsed donors
- Develop and implement a comprehensive donor communications plan (including gift acknowledgements, newsletters, surveys, donor appreciation, updates and year round appeals).
- Educate and engage donors in volunteerism
Outreach for Campaign and Donors
Collaborate with Marketing and Impact to:
- Conceptualize and/or personalize campaign materials (success stories, videos, ads, flyers, etc.) and events to raise community awareness
- Includes writing and editing outreach materials
- Cultivate and collaborate with community and business leaders to influence and advance MUW’s mission.
- Analyze and report on progress – showing overall giving and engagement
- Oversee the resource development tasks performed by the MUW administrative assistant
The Campaign and Donor Relations Manager must model the competencies expected of all MUW staff:
- Mission Focused. Employee’s top priority is to create real social change that leads to better lives and overall community well-being. This drives employee performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship Oriented. Employee understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator. Employee understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results Driven. Employee is dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies & innovations for investment and impact.
- Brand Steward. Employee is a steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
- Role Model. Employee is a role model for shared leadership and advocates for collective impact principles and processes.
The Campaign and Donor Relations Manager must model and support the values of the organization:
- Results driven, innovative, passionate and committed to the mission of MUW.
- Commitment to Community Success. Make a positive difference and have a measurable impact of enduring consequence.
- Co-leadership. Empower others and act as a catalyst for promoting positive change in our community.
- Inclusiveness. Aspire to involve every segment of the community in every aspect of work.
- Integrity and Accountability. Act with integrity that justifies trust.
- Innovation. Value innovation in community building to affect positive change.
Experience and qualifications:
- Ability to provide leadership to, recruit, manage, develop and motivate staff and volunteers.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with an ability to relate to a diverse group of individuals or organizations in an effective manner
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Relationship building and donor relationship building or comparable high level account management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Business, or other relevant field required and at least 5 years’ experience in fundraising or sales with proven track record.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong database management skills, preferably with fundraising software, including inputting data, running reports and analyzing results.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Social Media experience and willingness to travel a must.
Submit cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Monadnock United Way, 23 Center Street, Keene, NH 03431.