UNITED WAY POSITION DESCRIPTION
Coordinated Assessment Housing Placement System (CAHPS)
Data Systems Specialist
Through the vision and support of United Way donors and volunteers, together we are building a better Weld County, one where:
- children are reading to learn by the start of fourth grade
- youth are working at good jobs by age 25
- families have stable housing
- older adults are aging well and
- people are connecting to the help they need.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBLITIES
The Coordinated Assessment and Housing Placement System (CAHPS) Data Systems Specialist is responsible for overseeing data, resource management, and data-based system improvements related to the coordinated entry process in Weld and Larimer counties. This process, known locally as CAHPS, supports a network of community partners who work with people experiencing homelessness in their efforts to become stably housed as quickly as possible. Additionally in collaboration with others, this position works to advance system performance improvements that ensure equitable access for the most vulnerable or marginalized households, supports trauma-informed and housing first practices within the system, and evaluates CAHPS outcomes.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Data Management & Analysis
- Manage data in the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) related to the Coordinated Entry (CAHPS) Program for individuals experiencing homelessness in Northern Colorado
- Create and analyze custom reports in HMIS using Looker software to monitor data quality, enrollments, outcomes, etc.
- Develop process to integrate and maintain confidential, de-identified client list of victims of domestic violence accessing the CAHPS Program by working with local victim service providers
- Analyze CAHPS data using an equity lens to identify areas for system improvement; In partnership, lead efforts to implement data-informed improvements
- Collaborate with CAHPS Partner Liaisons, the HMIS Lead team and domestic violence service providers to ensure quality data of the by-name list for all populations
- Prepare by-name list data, agendas, prioritized lists, and other materials needed for use during weekly case conferencing meetings
- Analyze and manage housing referral data in HMIS and in domestic violence comparable processes
- Troubleshoot CAHPS-specific HMIS or Comparable Database issues for CAHPS partners
- Build and maintain a variety of reports used to track, analyze and share data related to people enrolled on the by-name list
- Prepare and analyze applicable data for grant reports and other data requests
- Ensure CAHPS Program compliance with data privacy and confidentiality standards
Facilitation, Leadership, & System Building
- Utilize Housing First, culturally competent, and collective impact principles to develop region-wide (Weld & Larimer Counties) homelessness improvement strategies and align partner organizations to support a regional Coordinated Entry system (CAHPS)
- Convene and facilitate a community-wide process to develop and implement the CAHP System in Northern Colorado
- Implement system improvements to increase equity and lower disparity in CAHPS processes and outcomes for the most vulnerable and disproportionately affected populations, including victims of domestic violence, racial/ethnic minorities, youth, and the elderly
- In partnership, lead development and implementation of a universal trauma-informed prioritization assessment tool and other processes to accurately reflect a homeless household’s risk, need and experience of vulnerability
- Interpret and communicate data-related findings in an accessible and meaningful way to various audiences
- In collaboration, improve CAHPS policies and procedures and ensure they are up-to-date and based in best practice
- Monitor the progress of housing referrals made through the CAHP System and support collaborative efforts to remove barriers to housing for households on the by-name list; problem-solve areas for improvement with CAHPS partners in referral process and outcomes
- Develop and maintain CAHPS forms and documentation that are comprehensive, accurate and available to all CAHPS partners
- In collaboration, onboard and train new partners to the HMIS and comparable data management efforts of the CAHPS process
- Facilitate Data and Performance committee work related to improving CAHPS data
- Participate in committee meetings related to the CAHPS, including but not limited to the CAHPS Steering Committee and Built for Zero efforts
- Adapt data processes to ensure compliance with Built for Zero standards of quality data and other benchmarks for specific population(s) in the CAHP System
- Participate in and contribute to relevant Continuum of Care meetings
- Contribute to planning, implementation, analysis of the annual CAHPS Evaluation; identify and implement suggested areas for change
- Collaborate with CAHPS Community Specialist and other stakeholders to identify CAHPS improvements and the responsibilities of each team member to implement positive change
- Contribute to grant applications and reports that support the work of CAHPS
United Way of Weld County General
- Support and promote the mission, values, goals and objectives of United Way, including representing United Way in professional organizations and the community (as assigned).
- Support fundraising efforts of United Way and activities that support United Way.
- Support United Way annual events, disaster response, and other activities as assigned.
- Participate in staff meetings and in service opportunities.
- Contribute to organizational promotions including writing promotional copy, proofreading informational and campaign materials, participation in outreach, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think, process, and manage process change.
- Computer ability.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- 2 years’ experience in system building and data management and a Bachelor’s degree
- Applicants of diverse backgrounds and/or lived experience encouraged.
- Experience in HMIS or other similar data systems, data analysis and/or reporting
- Full-time, hourly, non-exempt
- Hybrid, in office in Greeley and remote option available;
- Requires travel between Larimer and Weld counties
- Background check required
- Salary Range (H8): 23.12 – 27.09 per hour
- Plus $.48 per hour Spanish speaking differential, if applicable
- Insurance options include voluntary medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance, as well as automatic life insurance, and an available FSA plan.
- The leave plan includes vacation, sick, parental leave, short-term disability, and several paid holidays.
- The retirement plan is open to all employees after one year, and the employer contribution is determined by the Board of Directors.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT
United Way of Weld County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and conducts its recruitment and hiring based solely upon job-related qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Please visit our website at https://www.unitedway-weld.org/careers to view the full job description and application instructions.
Must send resume and cover letter directly to Christine Koepnick, Assistant Director of System Improvement, at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin on 9/25/2023 and will continue until position is filled. Do not apply through job boards.