Title: Business Relationship II
Supervisor: Director of Corporate Partnerships
Organization Overview: United Way of Anchorage mobilizes the community to make lasting, measurable changes in community conditions that improve lives. We have adopted a unique approach to community problem-solving called collective impact which allows us to directly engage with communities. Our workplace is fast-paced, collaborative, and adaptive.
Position Overview: The Business Relationship II, believes and exemplifies United Way of Anchorage’s (UWA) mission, vision and values. They must be a team player, goal and achievement-oriented individual with an entrepreneurial spirit who gives attention to detail and a devotion to help the business relationship team to build lasting corporate and community relationships that result in multi-year support and commitment to United Way of Anchorage. They will be responsible for maintaining, servicing, and developing a base of local accounts that contribute to the United Way of Anchorage, as well as prospect and open new corporate donors.
Essential Functions/Roles & Responsibilities of the Position:
- Design, present, and execute individualized business development action plans, including accurate projections of annual revenue, resources, volunteer opportunities and community investment growth strategies.
- Manage year round relationships with assigned portfolio accounts and as the primary point of contact for UWA communications, functions, and account management.
- Promptly solve problems and make decisions to reach desired goals
- Responsible for prospecting and cultivating new business relationships and new donors within existing partners
- Deliver on the UWA brand value promise
- Prompt handling of inquiries, timely correspondence and regular communication to donors and prospective donors about UWA investments and Community Impact areas and outcomes
- Manage and use data efficiently, accurately, and confidentially to increase resources under management
- Deliver UWA’s impact area progress and outcomes, focus area activities, community results, and benefits of giving to all donor audiences in order to build both donor understanding and financial commitment
- Assist in training volunteers, seasonal & part-time campaign Account Managers for annual campaign.
- Confidence and comfort to adequately participate in community and civic activities or organizations to increase networking and public awareness of UWA.
- Professional attire; must conduct themselves professionally in all business, conference and community venues.
- Design and implement public campaigns.
- Work with IMpact staff to uncover investable opportunities
- Focus on ways to engage individual donors
- Effective and engaging communication
- Cross-functional capability and collaboration
- Strong community relationships
- Product management
- Creating brand experience for everyone
Education, Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in the fields of fundraising, sales, advertising, and/or related fields.
- Account Management, Sales and Marketing, Customer Service, Community Relations and/or, Project Management, Statistical Analysis and Volunteer Management.
- Cultural sensitivity and management of culturally diverse groups.
- Requires advanced knowledge of MS office software and data base programs.
- Requires advanced knowledge and ability to develop presentations and excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Bilingual is a plus
Salary Range: 60,000-67,000 depending on experience
Hours of Work: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., M-F
To Apply: Please send your resume to Kayla Green, Director of People & Culture: email@example.com.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.