Title: Business Relationship I
Supervisor: Director of Corporate Partnerships
Organization Overview: United Way of Anchorage mobilizes the community to make lasting, measurable changes in community conditions that improve lives. We have adopted a unique approach to community problem-solving called collective impact which allows us to directly engage with communities. Our workplace is fast-paced, collaborative, and adaptive.
Position Overview: The Business Relationship I, believes and exemplifies United Way of Anchorage’s (UWA) mission, vision and values. They must be a team player, goal and achievement-oriented individual with an entrepreneurial spirit who gives attention to detail and a devotion to help the business relationship team to build lasting corporate and community relationships. They will be responsible for assisting business relationship managers to maintain and service corporate accounts that contribute to the United Way of Anchorage.
Essential Functions/Roles & Responsibilities of the Position:
- Develop and maintain comprehensive annual and multi-year marketing and communications strategy that supports achievement of the UWA mission and message, maintains the integrity of the United Way brand image, and
- Work with Business Relationship II to build individualized business development action plans, including accurate projections of annual revenue, resources, volunteer opportunities and community investment growth strategies.
- Work with the Business Relationship II’s portfolio of accounts and implement plans for UWA communications, functions, and account management. Assist to promptly solve problems and make decisions to reach desired goals.
- Design and implement public campaigns.
- Work with IMpact staff to uncover investable opportunities
- Focus on ways to engage individual donors
- Manage, order and track campaign materials.
- Work with UWA teams to execute programs and events as needed.
- Deliver on the UWA brand value promise.
- Assist business relationship managers with the prompt handling of inquiries, timely correspondence and regular communication to donors and prospective donors about UWA investments and Community Impact areas and outcomes
- Work with business relationship managers to manage and use data efficiently, accurately, and confidentially to increase resources under management.
- Deliver UWA’s impact area progress and outcomes, focus area activities, community results, and benefits of giving to all donor audiences in order to build both donor understanding and financial commitment.
- Assist in training volunteers, seasonal & part-time campaign Account Managers for annual campaign.
- Confidence and comfort to adequately participate in community and civic activities or organizations to increase networking and public awareness of UWA.
- Professional attire; must conduct themselves professionally in all business, conference and community venues.
- Key Competencies:
- Effective and engaging communication
- Cross-functional capability and collaboration
- General marketing acumen
- Product management
- Creating brand experience for everyone
Education, Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of progressively responsible experience in the fields of fundraising, sales, advertising, and/or related fields.
- Account Management, Sales and Marketing, Customer Service, Community Relations and/or, Project Management, Statistical Analysis and Volunteer Management.
- Cultural sensitivity and management of culturally diverse groups.
- Requires advanced knowledge of MS office software and data base programs.
- Requires advanced knowledge and ability to develop presentations and excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Bilingual is a plus
After one year of working as a Business Relationship I, with accomplished milestones and approval from the supervisor, this position will transition into a Business Relationship II
Salary Range: 55,000-62,500 depending on experience
Hours of Work: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., M-F
To Apply: Please send your resume to Kayla Green, Director of People & Culture: email@example.com.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.