Trident United Way's
Mission states that we are a Catalyst for Measurable Community Transformation in Education, Financial Stability and Health.
Our vision is simple, we are The Leader in Uniting Our Community to Improve Lives.
Trident United Way's
Staff and volunteers are devoted to developing the financial and human resources necessary to do this transformational work. We know the importance and value of our Human Capital and are deeply committed to enhancing our corporate culture, while serving our community, with every new hire. We hope that you want to join our progressive and committed organization, so please, do not hesitate and apply today.
Trident United Way and its employees seek a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. Trident United Way defines a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace as one where all employees and volunteers, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation or identity, age, education, disability or veteran status feels valued and respected. Trident United Way is committed to a nondiscriminatory approach toward employment and investment. Trident United Way will provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all departments. It will seek community feedback to ensure community investments are pursued through a lens of equity. Trident United Way respects and values diverse life experiences and ensures that all voices are heard to inform our work.
Trident United Way is committed to modeling diversity and inclusion in the nonprofit sector and to maintaining an environment of inclusiveness and equitable treatment for all.
Trident United Way
Has been recognized by Working Well, an affiliation of the SC Hospital Association, for its benefits supporting the Financial and Emotional & Mental Wellbeing of its employees and has been awarded the Platinum Award in both categories in March 2020.
Trident United Way
Participates in the Employers of National Service Network, alumni of AmeriCorps, SeniorCorps and PeaceCorps programs are encouraged to apply!
Trident United Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an employee base of 36-40 FTE's. We offer a full range of benefits to Full Time (FT) employees: 401(k), Health (HDHP or PPO option), HSA, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability (STD & LTD), Sick/Personal/Vacation days along with eight (8) paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at TUW will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TUW does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or genetics.
TUW is seeking an experienced Business Analyst, with strengths in process development and change management. An independent, analytical and focused thinker that has experience with different types of systems, preferably Andar, and system migrations. This is a hands on position in addition to thought leadership.
GENERAL JOB INFORMATION
Reports To (Title):
Date Last Reviewed:
September 3, 2020
Trident United Way (TUW) uses Andar Software as CRM. It is used to run workplace campaigns, process pledges and memberships, track information related to its donor relationships as well as support other daily operations. The organization is exploring opportunities to leverage and integrate additional functionality and off the shelf tools to complement the business functions currently supported by the Andar Application. The Business Analyst role is responsible for helping departments to use technology effectively by leveraging additional system functionality and defining, developing and maintaining robust processes around system use and business processes. Conducting constant CQI around business processes and procedures. Works as the lead of the Business Analytics team ensuring the business systems are current, functioning and reflect accurate information.
Essential Function 1:
- Understand the business processes and data needs of all departments and identify opportunities for improvement
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operational requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues
- Translate needs into business and technical requirements
- Stay current on the capabilities of Business Systems and Business Technology and
- Collaborate with departments to utilize Business Systems and Business Technology effectively
- Collaborates with TUW Organizational Management and Division Management in administering the business systems
- Collaborates closely with all divisions in the development and operation of the internal IT/IS systems necessary to support the design, implementation and operation of processes and procedures in an effective and efficient manner
- Act as continuous improvement catalyst for business systems and processes
- Understand the underlying database structures to assist with configuration design, SQL queries, update accounting and project structural elements, issue analysis and resolution, report dashboard configuration, and report writing
- Serve as lead/co-lead/champion of the Advisory Committee
- Supervise, Train and Manage the members of the Business Analysis team
Essential Function 2:
- Build a strong and collaborative relationship with process subject matter experts in all departments
- Leads the efforts to document standard operating procedures, in user friendly language, in collaboration with departments, including requirements, specifications, process flow and procedures
- Manages the creation and maintenance of systems and procedural documentation for end users
Essential Function 3:
- Oversee the creation and facilitation of end user trainings on how to use available business systems to support their work
- Conducts continuous training where necessary
- Advises users of changes in procedures
Essential Function 4:
- Provide backup support to the Business Systems Team in understanding and solving end user support requests
- Not limited to report creation
- Warehouse exports
- Enhancements of the existing database
- Performing quality checks
- Identifies problems requiring vendor assistance and coordinates vendor technical support
- Provide friendly, timely and succinct service/support to internal end users
- Lead cross-departmental taskforce/workgroup where and when appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Systems or related field required. Relevant work experience may be substituted
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration with an IT related undergraduate degree preferred
- Relevant work experience in IT and Business Administration, with a proven success record may substitute one-degree requirement
- Five (5) or more years of experience supporting organizations in the effective use of information systems in an oversight, analyst, technical, and trainer roles – required
- 2 Years of supervisory experience – required
- Systems integration and migration experience - required
- Deep knowledge of project management concepts and applications; experience and/or leadership in conducting performance reviews and quality improvement trainings
- Strong business communications skills with an ability to work well in a collaborative environment
- Practical knowledge of change management principles
- Understanding of and experience with organizational learning and change
- Working knowledge of non-profit/social sector
- Ability to remain objective even in difficult and stressful situations
- Ability to quickly grasp complex business processes and transition to documentation for various audiences – both end-user and technical
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – be able to clearly articulate and present ideas and findings to varied audiences
- Team player and willingness to jump into any project
- Systems implementation skills
- Strong analytical skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF JOB
- This job requires exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects
- Worker must frequently use typical office equipment (telephone, copier, printer, fax, etc.)
- Worker sits most of the time
- Worker communicates with constituents, clients, and/or partners by phone, other electronic means and in person
- Routinely required to move about the office and seldom travel by car
- Primarily works in a climate-controlled office-based setting
Please note: Requirements, skills, and abilities described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.