JOB TITLE: Brand Coordinator
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Non-Exempt (32-36 hours per week)
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
HOURLY: $18.50 - $20
The Brand Coordinator plays a critical role in telling United Way Emerald Coast (UWEC)’s story. Guided by the organization’s strategic plan and United Way Worldwide’s brand direction, the Brand Coordinator will execute the marketing and communication strategy, thereby increasing awareness and understanding of UWEC’s mission and work in the community. This individual will lead the effort to ensure consistency across all visual elements of the brand across print and digital mediums.
As UWEC responds to cultural shifts in the workplace, fundraising, and digital communications, it will be guided by core values of innovation and results-driven creativity. The Brand Coordinator will collaborate with colleagues, donors, and volunteers to inspire people to come together to make a lasting difference in our community.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Develop overall marketing strategy and oversee execution.
- Manage the brand strategy for UWEC and ensure consistency with United Way Worldwide. Promote brand awareness necessary to position UWEC as the leader in community impact and achieve ongoing growth in resource development.
- Partner closely with other departments to develop design elements and build a consistent brand experience across multiple marketing touchpoints and audiences.
- Manage the creative development and visual design of United Way marketing content including (but not limited to) annual report, brochures, flyers, newsletters, and advertising from concept through to production.
- Concept, create and produce design solutions for all programs, events and donor engagements.
- Develop, manage, and monitor organization-wide social media strategy. Manage social media presence to drive online awareness of UWEC, attract a new audience, and engage them in United Way’s work. Aggressively grow followers and engagement on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Support website design content, aesthetic, and ongoing updates.
- Plan, write, and build monthly e-newsletter.
- Direct photography and video creation to align with creative direction.
- Maintain positive relationships with regional media outlets - provide quarterly editorial updates and PSA requests to share UWEC's impact locally.
- Assist with other marketing and communications duties as required such as press release development; writing, editing, and proofing support; development of speeches and talking points, etc.
- Provide monthly updates on stats for social media, digital advertising, earned media, email performance, and others as determined by Director of Development.
- Explore opportunities to add value to overall marketing and fundraising goals, as well as mission.
- Represent organization in the community at public events, media engagements, or on committees, as needed.
- Keep current of local, regional, and national issues that could have an impact on UWEC.
- Maintain knowledge of best and promising UWW (and other) marketing and communications concepts, trends, and ideas. Attend trainings and conferences to further develop UWEC’s marketing plans.
- Manage and lead monthly meetings UWEC's Marketing Committee to help strategize better ways to effectively communicate our message in order to achieve desired results.
- Keep all activities in line with the core values and contribute to the positive culture of UWEC.
- Foster innovation and creativity by encouraging new ways of thinking and working, sharing best or promising practices from others, and establishing a safe environment for risk-taking.
- Take full advantage of every opportunity to properly position UWEC as an inclusive, uplifting, energetic and engaging organization.
- Assist with the organization’s disaster response efforts, when necessary.
- Assist with other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Understand and demonstrate commitment to the mission, vision, and direction of UWEC.
- Associates' degree preferred; or 2+ years’ relevant education and experience working in a range of the following: graphic design, marketing, public relations, social media, or communication.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Canva, and other design platforms for print, digital, and web development.
- Fluent in the English language, both oral and written, including correct punctuation, spelling and grammatical usage. Strong storytelling, copywriting, and editing skills.
- Ability to complete basic math as well as review and interpret reports and graphs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- High level of proficiency with digital and social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Exceptional creativity and innovation.
- Understanding of brand strategy as it relates to Marketing Communications.
- Proven ability to take initiative and carry projects to completion with minimum supervision.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and constituent service skills including the ability to work respectfully and inclusively with a diverse employee population.
- Photography, photo direction, or videography experience preferred.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Driver’s license and reliable vehicle, or equivalent ability to travel within a 2-county region.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to walk, sit and stand; use hands to finger manipulation, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear.
- Extended viewing of computer monitor.
- Occasional local travel within the regional area (mileage reimbursed).
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable persons with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF:
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands how his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.