We’re more than fundraisers. We’re the hand-raisers and game changers. We go looking for the tough issues in our community, and with your help, we go solve them. United Way of Greater Kansas City (UWGKC) unites donors, volunteers, businesses, nonprofits and community leaders to help change the lives of those in need. We are making Kansas City and the surrounding area better…100 years and counting.Come be a part of the pinnacle nonprofit in our community!
United Way of Greater Kansas City, is a flexible workplace where we trust employees and managers to work together to establish the optimal balance of office and remote work for individual, team and organization success. Full time employees are scheduled to work 37.5 hours per week with an option of a condensed 4.5 day work week.
We are searching for an experienced Brand and Events Manager to support external communications strategy, execute our annual marketing strategy and assist with all events. The Brand and Events Manager is responsible for supporting the Marketing team in meeting its metrics by managing social media platforms, executing media strategy and public relations, assisting with the creation of promotional materials and assisting with United Way events. This position will be responsible for tracking benefits for our donors, sponsors and community partners. The Brand and Events Manager will manage several several projects at the same time so the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and make quick decisions is imperative.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support how the United Ways brand's story is presented and conveyed through visual and editorial identify
- Leverage awareness and understanding of key audiences and targeted consumer groups. Execute market-based insights into development of strategic marketing communications plan.
- Provide support on marketing campaigns around United Way annual fundraising campaign
- Assist with the creation of powerpoint presentations, scripts, talking points, etc for United Way leadership team external and internal events and more
- Manage social media schedule across all United Way social platforms
- Deliver high-quality, timely, and on-brand marketing communications. Effectively manage deliverables against time and financial constraints
- Act as brand champion, ensuring consistency in tone, voice and visual appeal in all forms of communications (consistency, style, quality)
- Execute and build on the annual public relations and thought leadership plan
- Create high-quality content for United Way communications
- Create video, graphics, animation, social media posts and written content that can be used across multiple platforms
- Create toolkits for coporate and community partners to use on their own platforms
- Build and manage email communication plan to monthly donors, donor networks, community partners, event attendees and all consituents
- Support United Way volunteer, brand experience, donor network and large-scale events
- Plan event logistics with third-party vendors, venues and internal team
- Assist with events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, organizing vendors, and take-down
- Support the marketing plan for all United Way events
- Coordinating event programming including facilitation, food and beverage, overall program, etc
- Project Management
- Track budget, supervise third parties, follow timelines and manage team members to achieve targeted objectives
- Ensure all constituents are utilizing the benefits they receive by creating a tracking system and working cross-functionally to ensure needs are being met
- Prioritize projects and events to meet all deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in the field of public administration, business, public relations, communications, marketing, or another related field.
- 3-4 years’ experience and demonstrated success in marketing or related field.
- Excellent visual, verbal and written communication skills. Eye for design aesthetics.
- Experience with graphic design software, photography/videography/animation preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of marketing-related business practices, including advertising, public relations, media strategies, etc.
- Ability to translate marketing material into Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Desire to continuously learn and grow. Curiosity to understand how your job impacts the work of others. Desire to see the big picture.
- Must have organizational skills and attention to details. Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner. Must have the ability to manage projects, workload and engage constructively with the other members of the UWGKC team.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
**Preferred, but not required: Please include a writing sample and link/PDF to your portfolio
United Way of Kansas City offers a competitive benefits package including full health and dental coverage; Three-weeks paid vacation; 403B with company match; flexible office culture; employee development opportunities and a hybrid work environment.