United Way of Greater Cincinnati is in search of a driven, detail-oriented, temporary coordinator who will provide critical support in carrying out the 2023 Black Empowerment Works grant process.
Black Empowerment Works promotes Black self-determination, social mobility and economic prosperity by resources and funding community-based, Black-led work. We believe that by investing in more Black leadership and ideas, we are contributing to a more vibrant and equitable community. Since its inception in 2020, we have invested nearly $3 million into 100 Black-led efforts. Learn more at www.uwgc.org/bew.
The coordinator will be deeply involved with all facets of the grant application and decision process – from content design and outreach to facilitation and celebration. This role is ideal for a person who is interested in philanthropy and/or deepening their knowledge of community-based work.
This position would be from late April to late August 2023, between 20-30 hours per week (flexible). Open to a hybrid (in-person/virtual) work schedule, though some engagements will require you to be in-person.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
This role includes spaces to support and lead projects.
Support Strategy and Outreach
- Co-design media and outreach strategy in collaboration with the Marketing team, inclusive of social and traditional media. Distribute information about the grant opportunity.
- Support with the creation and review of engaging content (flyers, presentations) for external audiences.
- Serve as a representative of the Black Empowerment Works team, presenting content at community events and other sessions, in-person and virtual.
- Support with communications throughout the grant process.
Build Relationships and Facilitate Teams
- Provide support to grant and reviewer applicants along their journey, including but not limited to responding to inquiries through phone and email, hosting 1:1 question sessions with potential applicants, supporting pre-review of applications (at the request of applicants).
- Support with the selection and relationship management of grant reviewers.
- Serve as a facilitator for no fewer than two grant review teams, supporting reviewers in making decisions and capturing comments for grant applicant feedback.
- Lead the reviewer thank-you gift project.
Provide Key Administrative and Logistics Support
- Provide logistical support for meetings, trainings and events including but not limited to information and grant learning sessions.
- Ensure all documents and data are properly maintained on a shared platform.
- For current college students: Must have at least three years completed, preferably with coursework in communications, service learning, community engagement and/or human services.
- One to three years of work experience, with some experience in managing volunteers (preferred).
- Must have a passion for equity work and social justice. Working knowledge of Greater Cincinnati community is an asset.
- Customer service experience and strong interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence with the ability to communicate with diverse audiences.
- Excellent oral and written communication and public speaking skills. Comfort with presenting in front of large audiences and speaking on the phone.
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to balance multiple projects.
- Passion for learning, with the ability to absorb information quickly.
- Comfort with technology, with the ability to learn and adapt to new platforms.
- Personal attributes: curious, creative, passionate, diligent, personable/approachable, and detail oriented.
- Minimal local travel to events within the region.
- Regular evening and some weekend responsibilities.
Salary is $22.50 per hour.
Applicants should apply by April 8, 2023, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion