UNITED WAY OF GREATER HOUSTON
Connecting People to Possibility
We create opportunities for people to prosper through financial stability services, coupled with early childhood and youth development programs, and health care programs. These important resources help families not only gain financial stability but also build stronger, more sustainable futures for themselves and their children.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The AVP of Digital Marketing and Communications will develop an integrated external and internal marketing and communications strategy to support United Way’s mission to improve lives, build a stronger community, and create meaningful opportunities for people to prosper. The AVP will create business and communications strategies that underpin the expansion of the awareness of our work, ensure consistency in brand messaging that drives engagement and revenue growth, implement and oversee the organization’s external and internal communications plans as well as create and execute plans to expand our digital footprint.
Key to the role is developing marketing campaigns to engage the virtual community in our work, negotiating advertising and sponsorship contracts to deliver solid ROI, developing and maintaining digital KPIs and a measurement framework for owned, organic and paid media ensuring that digital marketing investments are prioritized, the latest techniques are used across platforms and mediums, and volunteers, partners, donors and prospects are actively engaged. Identify messaging and communication trends and insights, provides direction and oversight for all advertising and management of analytics for paid advertising, social media, web, pro bono and earned media analytics.
The AVP will manage the communications team, including coaching, performance management, digital marketing operations management, project management, training, and hiring; develop and manage the brand budget; serve as the point of contact for crisis communications and as the lead staff person on the marketing committee in partnership with the VP & CAO.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Leads the development of strategic content and creative for United Way of Greater Houston communications and collateral to effectively communicate to constituents, internally and externally.
- Supervises the communication team, which includes six to eight professional employees, addressing personnel/staffing issues and providing routine feedback, coaching and evaluation. Manages the project load and activities of the team to ensure that deadlines and priorities are met, and brand guidelines are enforced. Helps keep team members informed and inspired.
- Works with Vice President and CAO to implement key initiatives and creative concepts, advertising and PR efforts. Works on special projects and other organizational activities as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Media Relations or related field from an accredited university.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.