January 14, 2019
Position: Asst. Director, Impact Operations
Supervisor: Sr. Director, Impact
Position Status: Full-Time/Salary/Exempt
Salary range: $54k - $58k
This position oversees the grants investment process; from building the application framework to laying out the measurement and review processes and timelines. Accountabilities include managing the on-line grant system, ensuring accurate forms and templates are created to meet need, ensuring accurate funding and deliverables documentation and mid-year and end of year reports are captured. Role also supports the strategic development and use of data to drive decisions across impact areas and the organization, including leading the processes for collecting, compiling and analyzing investment data, community data and regional data to further the impact work. A large component of the position’s accountabilities includes the analysis and interpretation of both aggregated and system-level data used to assess community conditions, monitor progress towards goal and support marketing and communication efforts. The position has non-employee direct reports and facilitates the work of volunteer-led committees.
Work Experience and/or Education
- Five years of professional work experience in a range of the following: non-profit management and operations, funder or grantor operations, data research, data analysis, and project management. A related college degree considered in lieu of work experience.
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative skills, including the ability to examine available data, apply decision rules and analytical methods, and prepare meaningful reports based on analyses that enable strategic actions.
- Ability to lead processes and build consensus among a team of varied interests.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
- Extensive working experience with database and customer service management software.
- GIS or other mapping systems (e.g. Community Issues Management, CIM) a plus
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission, vision, and goals of United Way.
- Staff members who drive a vehicle on UWGLV business must provide proof of a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
In addition to the salary and annual merit increases this position is eligible for our org-wide performance based annual bonus package which is typically 1%-2% of base salary. Our full-time positions offer a flexible standard workweek of 37.5 hours. The benefits package include medical and dental insurance subsidized at 80% for employees and their dependents, life and ltd insurance fully paid and an employee funded vision insurance option. UWGLV begins contributing a 5% of salary direct contribution and up to a 2% of salary match to the 401k at the 1 year anniversary (3 year cliff vested). Eleven paid holidays, 5 sick days, 3 days to volunteer, 15 PTO days as well as an assortment of special use leave days are provided per year, starting in the first year. PTO days increase with years of service. Our beautiful modern office includes an on-site cafeteria, free parking and a free gym.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may e-mail a resume and/or cover letter including salary requirements to:
United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley
Attn: Mary Terp, Director, Human Resources