Position Title: Associate Vice President, Resource Development
Department: Resource Development
Supervisor: Paul (Chip) Hurd, VP, Resource Development
Position Status: Full-Time/Salary/Exempt
Salary Range – base plus incentives: $90k - $100k annually
The AVP, RD leads the annual campaign including workplace campaigns, leadership and individual giving and directly supervises annual campaign staff in these areas.
- Develop and oversee campaign strategies (40%):
- Staff Lead for Campaign Cabinet
- Develop workplace campaign strategies: leadership giving, SPC, market segmentation, churn, donor retention and growth, customized account strategies for existing and high priority opportunities
- General campaign strategies: maintain accurate projection of campaign
- Oversee direct mail strategies
- Leadership and supervision of direct report staff: workplace campaign, leadership giving, labor relations and data and donor appeals (15%)
- Manage partnerships with key constituents at top 20 workplace accounts (10%): Develop individual relationships with corporate and community leaders; meet with leaders at high-level and at-risk accounts, motivate and provide leadership to ECC’s, manage relationships with other UW’s (out of area and workplace campaigns).
- Collaborate across departments as a liaison for resource development (10%):
- Finance – out-processing letters, donor data and pledges
- Marketing – edit campaign marketing materials
- Grants – provide content and edit grant proposals for corporate gifts; strategize on master asks and cornerstone engagement strategy.
- Align technology and systems (3%): Oversee SL reporting for campaign analysis, Ensure organizational profiles are correct and complete, Define SL CRM SOP/Expectations for RD
- Oversee campaign cabinet for Carbon Country (2%)
Work Experience and/or Education
- 7 Plus years of professional work experience in fundraising, resource development and/or donation solicitation in a non-profit environment, relevant education considered in lieu of work experience.
- 3 Plus years of experience directly supervising professional staff
- Proven experience in personal relationship building, socializing professionally in both intimate settings and at larger social events.
- Analytical skills related to donor/giving data and strategy development
- Must be available to meet with donors and prospects according to their schedule, often in the early morning, evenings and on limited occasions the weekend. Must be able to provide own transportation to such meetings at various locations around the Lehigh Valley area.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission, vision, and goals of United Way
- Staff members who drive a vehicle on UWGLV business must provide proof of a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may e-mail a resume and/or cover letter including salary requirements to:
United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley
- Attn: Mary Terp, Director, Human Resources
- firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone 610-807-5712