Position: Associate, Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Vice President, Experiential Marketing
Organization Summary: United Way of New York City (UWNYC) is a nonprofit mobilizing people and organizations to eradicate barriers and create opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers. Part of the United Way Worldwide system, one of the world's most recognized charitable brands, we envision caring communities in which all individuals and families have access to quality education and the opportunity to lead healthy and financially secure lives. We strive to model our values in all our relationships, both internal and external: Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Superior Performance.
Position Overview: The Associate, Marketing & Communications is a highly organized individual, with significant interaction with internal staff and external clients. The position will be someone who can bring a passion for the work to help our community every day, along with an entrepreneurial spirit to the team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists the Director, Donor Engagement & Women’s Philanthropy with the creation of the Women United’s editorial calendar, drafting of the bi-monthly newsletter and manages the deployment process executed by other staff members.
- Manage UWNYC’s “Contact Us” mailbox.
- Manage the Ticket Turn Back Program.
- Brand Experiences
- Manage the New York Jets and New York Giants Ticket-Turn Back program including communicating with community-based organizations, liaising with staff from the Jets and Giants and distributing tickets through UWNYC’s Ticketmaster account to recipients.
- Perform event coordinating duties upon request of the Brand Experience team, including but not limited to, assisting with caterer sourcing, creating event timelines, reconciling event budget conflicts, and scheduling site visits for events, forums, and roundtable meetings.
- Coordinate the ordering of supplies and shipping of event materials for Brand Experiences and other UWNYC events.
- Research prospective honorees and provide their bios and contact information to the team.
- Assist with drafting Power of Women to Make a Difference luncheon honoree and Thank You letters.
- Support the Brand Experiences with “Day-of event” responsibilities as needed.
- Reconcile expenses in Concur for the MarCom PCard.
- Process invoices for MarCom department subscriptions, vendors, etc.
- Manage the contracts process for the RD/MarCom department including the upload of agreements, converting external contracts/agreements to UWNYC’s template, following up with internal departments, ensuring the receipt of fully executed agreements and procuring PO #s from Finance.
- Follow-up with vendors to correct billing issues, renew subscriptions, and address any queries.
- Coordinate the scheduling of large group meetings on behalf of the RD/MarCom department.
- Assist with other projects across the RD/MarComm team as needed.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience working in the Development, Fundraising and or Marketing & Communications industry or equivalent.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- A highly collaborative person with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and experience working with databases would be an asset.
- Ability to manage multiple demands; results-oriented and works quickly and accurately.
- High level of organization and attention to details.
- Extremely tactful and diplomatic in dealing with confidential concerns.
- High collaboration skills.
- Flexibility with work schedule specifically related to Brand Experiences.
- Works well with people and engenders trust and confidence from fellow staff and volunteers.
- Emotionally mature and self-confident, with a sense of humor to maintain balance and perspective.
- Willingness to learn, embrace opportunities in change, and develop professionally from personal experience and from others.
- A passion for UWNYC’s mission and vision.
- Brand Steward
- Effective and Engaging Communicator
- Planning and Project Management
- Service Orientation
- Embracing and Managing Change
- Entrepreneurial and Innovative
- Fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- Background check
How to apply:
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Associate, Marketing & Communications" in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes accepted.
United Way of New York City is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer