Title: Associate, Justice & Opportunity
Reports to: Associate Vice President, Justice & Opportunity
United Way of New York City (UWNYC) is a nonprofit mobilizing people and organizations to eradicate barriers and create opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers. Part of the United Way Worldwide system, one of the world’s most recognized charitable brands, we envision caring communities in which all individuals and families have access to quality education and the opportunity to lead healthy and financially secure lives. We strive to model our values in all our relationships, both internal and external: Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Superior Performance.
Position Overview: This position will play an important role on the Justice & Opportunity team, supporting the administrative and meeting preparations for a very fast paced environment and busy staff. The position will require liaising between multiple departments and providing administrative support to drive year-round engagement towards projects programmatic and fundraising goals.
Processes and Operations
- Draft external facing call materials on behalf of Justice and Opportunity
- Input communication entries on behalf of Justice & Opportunity into the engagement database
- Work with unit to ensure contacts remain current and active
Partner and Stakeholder Engagement
- Support team by drafting talking points, agendas, and PowerPoint decks; scheduling meetings; taking notes; developing and maintaining tracking/ reporting systems; providing logistical support for external meetings; and other related tasks
- Provide logistical and administrative support with planning and executing special select large-scale webinars as necessary
- Provide administrative assistance for and during external partner meetings
- Plan and coordinate projects, prepare external communications, prepare reports in excel to support partner/provider meetings, assist and support events and activities, providing logistic support as needed
- Track and maintain engagement and marketing materials, including referral materials
- Schedule cross-functional internal meetings as needed; draft meeting materials such as agenda, presentation deck, etc.
- Support Justice & Opportunity team in providing updates and follow up to internal stakeholders in Finance, Legal, and Administration
- Maintain project management tools and tracking of overall deliverables and contract obligations
- Other duties, as assigned
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in administrative work in the nonprofit sector or equivalent experience preferred
- Must have strong writing skills and be proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, database management and research
- Fully vaccinated for Covid-19
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Associate, Justice & Opportunity” in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes are accepted.
United Way of New York City is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer