Our homeless services team is growing! We’re looking for an Associate Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS) Administrator to help our community’s effort to reach functional zero for our neighbors experiencing homelessness. The ideal candidate will be data-driven and also excel in facilitating relationships with community partners and vendors. They’ll provide training and support to HMIS system users to ensure high-quality data that will aid our quest to make homelessness rare, brief and non-recurring.
- Facilitation and maintaining of strategic alliances/partnerships with public, private, and non-profit organizations to develop, integrate, and implement program priorities. This position is outward facing in nature.
- Provide technical support to the users of HMIS in the daily operations of the system and complete trouble tickets that are sent to the HMIS Help Desk.
- Work with agencies and software vendors for the development and implementation of the Domestic Violence Database.
- Provide monthly new user training and advanced training as needed in the operation of the HMIS system.
- Engage with vendors of HMIS related software, along with the rest of the HMIS team, to ensure smooth operations of the HMIS system.
- Assist the HMIS team with the implementation and upkeep of technical solutions including but not limited to computer equipment and computer software.
- Build and maintain a regular schedule of reports for review and presentation internally and externally.
- Stay current with changes in the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) department's manuals and technical guides and assist with periodic compilation of reports.
- Participation in weekly staff meetings and ongoing communication with supervisor and teammates to maintain the highest level of service to stakeholders of the HMIS project.
- Attend HMIS conferences as needed
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Full-time, primarily Monday-Friday during standard business hours
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least one year’s experience working in the community with homeless causes
- Proficiency in using computers, including MS Office, the Internet, and databases
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship and team-building skills
- Proven critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Capable of working effectively with limited supervision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information
Core Competencies for all United Way Professionals:
- Mission-Focused: The United Way Professional’s top priority is to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This competency drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: The United Way Professional understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: The United Way Professional understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: The United Way Professional is dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good including creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: The United Way Professional is a steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
How to Apply:
The position will remain open until filled. To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about what it means to work at United Way at www.unitedwayplains.org/job-openings
United Way of the Plains is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.