The Associate, Donor Research and Strategy is responsible for helping to reinforce a culture of data-based, donor-centric fundraising. Responsible for proper usage, support, and activation of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database within the Resource Development (RD) function, in partnership with the Analytics Technology Systems (ATS) Team. Enable donor understanding and insights development via the establishment and reporting tracking. Responsible for the development of mechanisms to understand and integrate trends in giving and donor participation to United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC).
Under the direction of the Director, Revenue Innovation and Strategy, implement new research and idea generation workshops and strategies to enable the diversification of UWGC revenue streams. Under moderate supervision, tailors and executes the programs and initiatives necessary to achieve assigned growth, retention, participation, and revenue goals. Supports the digital and individual donor engagement strategies, ensuring the flawless execution of assigned roles and responsibilities. Positions the United Way as the primary philanthropic innovation conduit. Partners with other members of the Revenue Innovation and Individual Engagement Teams to ensure the needs and wants of the donor, based upon data, are considered in every engagement opportunity.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Develop and maintain donor engagement and revenue dashboards, scorecards and other reporting necessary to monitor current results and measure progress toward goals. Partner with Resource Development, Marketing, and ATS team members to understand and produce insightful reporting and analysis around giving, retention, engagement, demographics, etc. to identify trends and opportunities and support strategic planning leveraging CRM databases.
- Support RD Directors and staff, as necessary, to leverage CRM to advance donor and campaign strategy.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a year-round strategic tracking platform that ensures visibility to the effectiveness of RD revenue generation and donor engagement strategies. Collaborate with other RD and ATS staff to conduct in-depth analysis when necessary.
- Partner with Digital Donor Engagement Strategy Lead to expand digital reach and footprint of UWGC. Help facilitate the expansion of donor reach mechanisms to increase UWGC revenue.
- In partnership with Director, Revenue Innovation & Strategy, develop mechanisms and methods to identify, understand, and monitor trends in giving. Develop processes to disseminate these trends to the appropriate stakeholders to ensure they are taken into consideration when appropriate.
- Partner with the Director Revenue Innovation & Strategy to develop and execute a donor research and revenue innovation program. Coordinate with outside research agencies and manage relationships. Track budgets and provide up-to-date status reports when requested.
- Manage donor research programs and processes as directed.
- Organize and facilitate additional projects and ongoing organizational activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Two to three years related work experience.
- Strong analytical skills, using multiple data sources.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft office products (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), required.
- Demonstrated experience leveraging CRM a plus (SalesForce and/or MS Dynamics preferred).
- Prior experience in Marketing/Market Research desired.
- Solid negotiation, analytical, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills required, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to listen effectively and solicit information from others.
- Solid project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple projects in varying degrees of implementation.
- Understanding of the process of creating, growing and retaining strong customer relationships.
- Ability to work cooperatively and flexibly as part of a team.
COMPETENCIES: Analytical, Technologically Proficient, Interpersonal communication skills, Time/project management skills, Communication Skills, Creativity
Applicants should apply by Tuesday, October 15, 2019 via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion