United Way of Miami Dade is looking for an Associate Director, New Business Development to develop and build relationships in the community to address the health and human service needs of the community through United Way of Miami-Dade. Focus on developing new corporate relationships both large companies and small businesses.
The ideal candidate must be a highly energetic professional with excellent public speaking, negotiation and communication skills with a track record of building new corporate business relationships.
- Continue to build a New Business Initiative including identifying prospects, engaging them in the work of United Way and securing appropriate revenues through cross-selling opportunities.
- Build a comprehensive new business prospect list and develop a plan of action for each prospective company.
- Work with volunteers to execute on the plan.
- Secure revenue from top new business prospects and develop long term plans to increase revenue and engagement.
- Develop a Small Business Initiative based on identified best practice models.
- Work on Leadership out of the Workplace renewals ensuring gifts are secured and donors feel a connection to United Way.
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: Three to five years' experience in new business development with fundraising.
Skills: Excellent public speaking skills, sales ability, and negotiation skills. Excellent interpersonal & communication (verbal/writing) skills and demonstrated record of completing tasks. Successful experience in taking a prospect form identification to solicitation. Independently manages multiple tasks with diverse objectives; sets priorities and determines resource requirements; establishes due date based on management priorities. Foreign language not a requirement but helpful. Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite.