United Way of Miami Dade is looking for an Associate Director, Tocqueville Society to develop and build relationships in the community to address the health and human service needs of the community through United Way of Miami-Dade. Focus on fundraising from individuals who can give $10,000 or more.
- Responsible for soliciting gifts of $10,000 and higher from individuals living and/or working in Miami-Dade.
- Manage relationships with approximately 75 prospective and current donors. Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward same.
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle:
- Initiate contacts with potential leadership and major gift donors
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them, including working with volunteers
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure
- Make solicitations when appropriate
- Maintain stewardship contacts with donors; adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors
- Works collaboratively with and in support of volunteers, other development staff, and other United Way staff to achieve the needs of the prospects.
- Monitors all prospect contacts to ensure positive and purposeful prospect and donor relations.