United Way of Miami Dade is looking for an Associate Director, Major Gifts & New Business Development to develop and build individual and corporate relationships in the community to address the health and human service needs of the community through United Way of Miami-Dade. Focus on fundraising from individuals who can give $10,000 or more and from new corporate partners both large companies and small businesses.
The ideal candidate must be a highly energetic professional with a track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts from individuals. With experience in new business development programs.
- Responsible for soliciting gifts of $10,000 and higher from individuals living and/or working in Miami-Dade.
- Manage relationships with approximately 75 prospective and current donors. Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward same.
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle:
- Initiate contacts with potential leadership and major gift donors
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them, including working with volunteers
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure
- Make solicitations when appropriate
- Maintain stewardship contacts with donors; adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors
- Works collaboratively with and in support of volunteers, other development staff, and other United Way staff to achieve the needs of the prospects.
- Monitors all prospect contacts to ensure positive and purposeful prospect and donor relations.
Work with appropriate Development staff to help launch a Small Business Initiative and continue building a New Business Initiative including identifying prospects, engaging them in the work of United Way and securing appropriate revenues through cross-selling opportunities.