Through close collaboration with the VP/RD the Associate Director of Resource Development will spearhead the efforts to increase revenue for United Way of Central Jersey’s continuous growth. Develop and implement aggressive plans to cultivate new business relationships and research new sources of revenue. Plan, organize and direct fundraising efforts with new companies and assist as needed in the overall fundraising for the organization. Support United Way's commitment to outstanding and responsive customer service. Please note - this is not a remote position.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities: Research and identify potential new supporters. Work closely with UW Executive Staff and Board Leadership to “open doors” to prospective key executives and create peer-to-peer engagement opportunities. Follow up to implement and convert prospects into sustaining partners/donors. Create strategy and maintain long-term partners/donors’ relationships. Work with volunteers and UWCJ staff to develop and execute engagement opportunities for business partners and prospects. Represents the organization at community meetings and events as assigned. Assists with other organization-wide events, programs and projects as needed. Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises and supports UWCJ volunteers as appropriate.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Ability to work varied hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum of one (1) year not for profit fundraising experience using a variety of methods is required. Prior United Way experience a plus. • Possession of a Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or a related field. The equivalent combination of education and experience is desired. Associates’ Degree plus 2-5 years of experience may also be considered. • Licenses - Must possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License, a reliable automobile, and auto insurance. • Must be at least 21 years of age. • Ability to write professional reports and correspondences. • Competent in Microsoft Office Suite, web browsers • Ability to supervise and delegate tasks to volunteers. • Ability to interact with the public in a professional and courteous manner. • Ability to effectively operate office equipment. • Ability to cultivate donors by building strong relationships with key contacts. • Must be able to function independently and be able to seek guidance when necessary. • Excellent writing, communication, organizational, time management skills. • Must be comfortable with public speaking to groups of varied sizes. • Ability to maintain a professional, confidential work environment. Bilingual English/Spanish desirable, But Not Required.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and talk or hear. Fine motor skills such as typing, the use of a computer mouse and telephone handset is required. Employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.