United Way of Miami Dade is looking for an Associate Director, Planned Giving. This position is responsible for developing and building relationships in the community to address the health and human service needs of the community through United Way of Miami-Dade County. Develop and maintain various fundraising initiatives to include corporate, employee and individual fundraising. Focus on relationships and fundraising for United Way’s Endowment and Endowment Campaign. Develop Pillar and Pioneer level programs.
The ideal candidate brings excellent public speaking skills, understands economic and industry trends. Knowledge of social service sector, planned giving and excellent team work skills. Able to communicate at all levels within the organization to exchange information, collect information, coordinate projects, solve problems and negotiate solutions involving policy changes and cultivate relationships.
• Develop, execute and staff a Continue United and Loyal Contributor program and its activities.
• Develop, execute and staff Professional Advisor Program and its activities.
• Develop, execute and staff focus on Pillar and Pioneer level giving levels.
• Responsible for soliciting gifts of $1,000 and higher from individuals for both Endowment and Annual campaign.
• Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle:
- Initiate contacts with potential leadership and major gift donors
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them, including working with volunteers
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure
- Make solicitations when appropriate
- Maintain stewardship contacts with donors; adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors
• Works collaboratively with and in support of volunteers, other development staff, and other United Way staff to achieve the needs of the prospects.
• Support organization’s planned giving efforts.
• Must be a highly energetic professional with a track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts from individuals.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Experience Requirements: 3 to 5 years of experience in sales presentation skills, account management, fundraising, and volunteer management.