Through close collaboration with the VP/RD the Associate Director will spearhead the efforts to increase revenue for United Way of Central Jersey’s continuous growth. Develop and implement aggressive plans to cultivate new business relationships and research new sources of revenue including corporate gifts, employee campaigns and event sponsorships. Plan, organize and direct fundraising efforts and special events with potential supporters and assist as needed in the overall fundraising for the organization. Support United Way's commitment to outstanding and responsive customer service. *NOTE – This is not a remote position. *
- Research and identify potential new supporters in the business community.
- Work closely with UW Executive Staff and Board Leadership to “open doors” to prospective key executives and create peer-to-peer engagement opportunities.
- Follow up to implement and convert prospects into sustaining partners/donors through corporate giving and employee campaigns.
- Serve as lead staff for special events that align with UWCJ priorities and from planning and execution to follow up and post-event evaluation.
- Secure sponsorships for events from new donor companies and individuals.
- Provides visibility for and represents the organization at community meetings and events as assigned, especially those tailored to the business community.
- Assists with other organization-wide events, programs and projects as needed.
Supervises and supports UWCJ volunteers as appropriate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Ability to work varied hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of one (1) year not for profit fundraising experience using a variety of methods is required. Prior United Way experience a plus.
- Possession of a Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or a related field. The equivalent combination of education and experience is desired. Associates’ Degree in one of the areas noted plus 2-5 years of experience in fundraising or securing sponsorships may also be considered.
- Licenses - Must possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License, a reliable automobile, and auto insurance.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to write professional reports and correspondences.
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite, web browsers
- Ability to supervise and delegate tasks to volunteers.
- Ability to interact with the public in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to effectively operate office equipment.
- Ability to cultivate donors by building strong relationships with key contacts.
- Must be able to function independently and be able to seek guidance when necessary.
- Excellent writing, communication, organizational, time management skills.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking to groups of varied sizes.
- Ability to maintain a professional, confidential work environment.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus but not a requirement.