Job Announcement – Associate Director, Donor Services
United Way of King County's mission is to bring caring people together to give, volunteer, and take action to help people in need and solve our community's toughest challenges. Our culture fosters leadership, open communication, teamwork, and collaboration, integrity, and accountability.
Because of what we do, we are deeply committed to addressing racial inequities head on to make progress towards a community with equal opportunity for all. We seek individuals to engage in this journey as part of a collective responsibility for forward movement.
The Associate Director, Donor Services ensures donors to United Way of King County have a positive experience regardless of contribution size or vehicle. The Associate Director serves as the administrative and operations lead for the Development Team. The role provides advanced project management support and follow up as well as administrative consultation to the Major Gifts and Corporate and Foundation Relations Teams. In collaboration with the Vice President of Development, this position is responsible for the revenue management needs of United Way of King County, including reporting, projections, and fiscal close out.
The position actively participates as part of the Development Leadership Team and is an important cross-departmental team communicator and collaborator with other areas of the organization, especially Brand Management and Financial Operations. The role also supervises a team of two Development Associates and three Administrative Coordinators.
The annual recruiting salary range is $92,500 - $98,500 DOE. This position is open until filled; first consideration will be given to applications received within two weeks of posting.
- Leads Development Team’s annual planning process including logic model, budget, balance score card, and fiscal close.
- Leads MCRM implementation within the Development team, including user adoption and representing the user voice.
- Operationalizes fundraising strategies (Champions, Change Makers, Emerging Leaders 365, fiscal close, portfolio builds) including designing, planning, resourcing, and evaluation.
- Oversees the deployment of administrative support resources, project management, and Development event management.
- Creates vision and anticipates the donor experience across various teams and systems. Designs and advocates for a positive and efficient donor experience.
- Manages Development reporting needs, from fundraising dashboard to individual account histories (internal and external).
- Ensures quality control for gift processing and quality donor interactions for Champions and above, with marketing materials and events.
- Leads special, opportunistic projects, generally in the $5M plus range (such as Pearl Jam’s Homefund), and designs the backend and customer facing operations.
- Oversees management of donor support through effective use and implementation of business technologies, including EventBright, MCRM, Classy, and others.
- Provides supervision, guidance, and performance management to a group of associates and coordinators within the Development Team.
DISCLAIMER: This job position performs other assignments and performs other duties as assigned. The contents of this job description may change as deemed necessary by United Way of King County.
- Demonstrated strong financial and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the planning and execution of technology-focused strategies.
- Proven project management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of core fundraising and relationship building skills/techniques.
- Demonstrated change management skills and ability to support staff assuming new skills and strategies as the funding environment shifts.
- Demonstrated ability to coach employees in a rigorous environment of high expectations.
- Proven excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills, as well as the ability to prepare effective written reports for a broad audience at various levels and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate data, make reports in various formats, and evaluate the validity of data including discovering and correcting errors.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems through effective interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Business, Marketing, Sales, Communication, or related field. At least five (5) years' successful experience working in fund development as well as three (3) years’ supervisory/ leadership experience. Experience with annual fund giving preferred. Experience analyzing data, creating appealing programs, breaking new ground, and attracting support from stakeholders highly desired.
UWKC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. United Way of King County values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages individuals who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People of Color to apply.
We are an Employer of National Service: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
United Way of King County is an exceptional workplace that can provide you with:
- Opportunities to work with smart, passionate, and enthusiastic team members and volunteers
- Ongoing collaboration with diverse staff and other constituents
- A desirable culture of high-performance expectations and accountability
- Exciting and challenging work
- Opportunities to help solve the community's toughest problems
- Competitive pay that is commensurate with demonstrated successful performance and experience
- Many other benefits that we are happy to discuss with you
Please apply online via the following link. You will be asked to upload your resume and provide a cover letter as well as complete the UWKC application.
***Applicants MUST apply at the UWKC Career Center to be considered for this position.***
Protecting the health and safety of our communities is a top priority. Due to the circumstances surrounding the pandemic, all interviews will be conducted remotely for the time being. We will provide candidates selected for interviews with all the required instructions. If you are hired for the position, you will start off working remotely. UWKC employees are working remotely through September 13, 2021. We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with any related changes to our hiring process.