The Associate Director of Corporate Relations reports to the Senior Director, Corporate Relations. The Corporate Relations Team within the Office of Development serves as the core unit in driving deepened engagement and increased revenue for the Child Well-Being Mission Fund from key corporate partners. Its primary objective is to build relationships with corporate partners and individual donors that will result in increased corporate and individual investments for UWGA programs, initiatives, sponsorships and other engagement opportunities. The team is responsible for building relationships with key stakeholders across the corporate landscape with a goal to make United Way their philanthropic partner of choice. The team works closely with external partners, which include donors, volunteers and corporate leaders. Internally the team collaborates across all departments within the organization.
The Associate Director of Corporate Relations (ADCR) is a full-time position responsible for building and strengthening relationships in a small number of our most vital corporate partners through direct support of the Senior Director and Director of Corporate Relations. In addition, the ADCR with manage a small portfolio of companies responsible for fundraising and engagement including building and growing relationships with decision-makers and C-suite leaders, demonstrating initiative and development expertise as part of the UWGA team. The ADCR will also manage either the Campaign Associate program (temporary fundraising workforce) or Employee Engagement Champion training and communication. This role must possess effective communication and problem-solving skills for a high-volume workload and produce a high level of quality and attention to detail in their work.
This role supports the goals of
- Growing the base of support to United Way, through direct fundraising support of the Corporate Relations Managers.
- Increasing awareness and knowledge among prospects, donors and other key stakeholders about the Child Well-Being Movement.
- Provide direct fundraising and engagement support to key accounts managed by Senior Director and Director of Corporate Relations. This includes: planning and execution of events, CRM database management, volunteerism execution, material preparation, and other duties as needed
- Manage a portfolio of 25-50 leadership donors and prospects for cultivation and solicitation
- Manage account portfolio focused on raising resources and exceeding goals including planning and implementation of workplace campaigns and year-round engagement strategies in portfolio.
- Assist with internal CSR value stream team and discussion for their accounts
- Prepare clear and concise objectives and materials for each donor visit
- Strategic engagement of companies year-round through creation and implementation of specific donor/corporate engagement strategies in partnership with CE and/or Volunteerism.
- Solicit and secure corporate gifts in support of UWGA’s Child Well-Being Agenda
- Create a donor engagement strategy targeted at returning, new, lapsing, and lapsed donors.
- Promote Salesforce.org Philanthropy Cloud to corporations to gain interest and secure sales demonstrations for the Philanthropy Cloud team
- Strong attention to detail and focus on updating campaign and individual donor information in CRM including, but not limited to, corporate contact(s), employee count, UWGA involvement, company processing information, engagement practices, campaign start/end dates, etc.
- Work closely with Development Operations team and Pledge Processing as necessary to ensure processed accounts reflect audit paper work and envelopes are audited completely and correctly and project accurately.
- Exceed yearly revenue and metric-driven goals (visits, solicitations, etc.).
- Promote collaboration, recognizing our shared goals, and regularly collaborate with colleagues within and outside of the Office of Development.
- The ADCR will be responsible for either the Campaign Associate Program or Employee Engagement Champion program. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Development and management of training programs
- Communications plan for EEC’s
- Development and management of alumni engagement groups
- Budget oversight for CA program
Qualifications and Expectations
This role requires a balance of project management skills and the ability to create philanthropic solutions for our current corporate supporters and new business prospects.
- Demonstrated experience cultivating, soliciting and securing gifts
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team
- Superb written, presentation, persuasion and listening skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Excellent project management skills - attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Organization skills for a fast-paced work environment.
- Sound judgment, discretion and commitment to maintaining donor confidentiality
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and innovation
- Commitment to excellence, accountability, transparency, and UWGA’s mission
- Experience with CRM/database management.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and commitment to personal/professional development.
- Minimum two years of experience in donor development, fundraising, sales, or a related field.
- Use of personal vehicle required
A successful individual in this role will be:
- An excellent task manager that can balance many projects at once.
- A communicator with strong listening and writing skills.
- Organized, resourceful, solution provider.
- A strong collaborator and comfortable working with many different external partners and internal teammates and departments.
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come first and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all UWGA departments and external partnerships. Can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.