Position: Associate, Business Operations
Reports to: Senior Director, Business Operations. This position will also work closely with various staff in Resource Development.
Organization Summary: United Way of New York City (UWNYC) is a nonprofit mobilizing people and organizations to eradicate barriers and create opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers. Part of the United Way Worldwide system, one of the world's most recognized charitable brands, we envision caring communities in which all individuals and families have access to quality education and the opportunity to lead healthy and financially secure lives. We strive to model our values in all our relationships, both internal and external: Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Superior Performance.
Position Description: We’re looking for someone who’s interested in operations, finance, and learning about the back-end infrastructure of a nonprofit organization from the ground up. This position will play an important role in the day-to-day execution of pledge and payment processing across various revenue streams – workplace campaigns, individual contributions, events, and grants. The outputs of this position directly support UWNYC’s strategic imperative to “know our donors” by playing a key role in the data entry and maintenance of our donor database.
- Learns all that is required to work closely with Finance and Resource Development in the areas of gift processing, and develop an in-depth understanding of our CRM and fundraising system, (Andar).
- Run and validate payment distributions of designated gifts.
- Collaborate with our outside vendor, FrontStream, to confirm quarterly distribution totals for UWNYC’s managed workplace giving campaigns.
- Manage agency access to UWNYC’s online payout information portal.
- Collaborate with Finance to reach out to agencies regarding failed payment deposits.
- Manage donor and agency inquires.
- Maintain and update certification and validation of charity status for agencies in database.
- Analyze and prepare workplace pledge data received from companies and third-party entities for processing into Andar.
- Participate in regular meetings with Resource Development team members to support the execution of workplace giving campaigns
- Provide back-end support to process donor contributions in our fundraising system and support Accounts Receivable team in recording check contributions received in inhouse application for auditing/control process.
- Establish and maintain relationships with staff across the organization and other stakeholders to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Active participant within department and Special Projects.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, with an interest in finance and operations
- Must be highly organized, professional, and possess a donor-centric mentality with a high attention to detail.
- A team player who works well under pressure, takes initiative, and has excellent follow-through skills.
- Ability to manage multiple demands; results oriented and ability to work quickly and accurately
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong computer aptitude skills utilizing Microsoft Office with an ability to easily learn new programs and procedures.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must maintain a high degree of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality at all times.
- In addition to the above, the ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic learner, someone who can adapt to quickly changing circumstances, and have a sense of humor.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Senior Associate, Business Operations" in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes accepted.
United Way of New York City is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Required – Covid 19 Vaccination