The United Way Worldwide 211 UWW Team seeks a temporary Associate, 211 COVID-19 Response who is motivated and detail oriented to support the increased project work related to the COVID-19 pandemic. This is a temporary position with a projected duration of 12 to 15 months.
The Associate, 211 COVID-19 Response is a dedicated project associate tasked with coordinating all project reporting and the primary team member completing all contracts, agreements, and payments between UWW and local teams participating in Ride United who receive cash and in-kind support throughout the year. They will support program inquiries, project communications, building responsive solutions to local team needs and backstopping all staff supporting Ride United. This position is essential to enable program implementation, network communications, ongoing training, resource creation, and program reporting and analysis. The Associate, 211 COVID-19 Response is responsible for managing the requirements of several contracts and grants, improving and maintaining internal processes related to communications and data, and supporting fundraising efforts to support the broader network (United Way Worldwide’s 211 Team provides coordination at the national level to a diverse network of 200+ 211s teams).
211 is a vital service leveraged by millions of people across North America. Every day, clients contact 211 to access free and confidential crisis and emergency counseling, disaster assistance, food, health care and insurance assistance, stable housing and utilities payment assistance, employment services, veteran services and childcare and family services. No matter the situation, the specialists at 211 listen, identify underlying problems, and connect people in need with resources and services in their community that improve their lives. In 2019 alone, 211s in the US answered more than 11 million calls and almost 1 million texts, chats and emails, helping millions with life-changing support. There is no other network in the country that has a similar pulse on America’s needs. The 211 network played a crucial role in the response to the pandemic and was promoted as the number to call for help and questions about COVID-19 by state officials in more than 32 states. Nationally, there has been a 2-4x increase in calls (with a peak of 12x the usual daily call volume) and the website has seen a 120% increase in traffic over 2019. Among the requests for information and support the top three needs have been housing & utilities, food insecurity and COVID-19 health information. The pandemic has brought on an economic crisis and 211 has been a critical resource to communities in need.
About Ride United
Each year, 211 receives over 250,000 requests for transportation assistance. On average, 25% of those requests cannot be supported using existing community resources. Closing transportation gaps is critical for securing employment, accessing medical care, obtaining healthy food, and escaping emergencies and crises. Ride United leverages the strength of United Ways, the 211 Network, and partners to address the unmet transportation needs of individuals and families across the country. Ride United includes two programs: Ride United: Transportation Access, which reduces transportation barriers to essential jobs, services, and more, and Ride United: Last Mile Delivery, which focuses on getting food to those in need. Since its launch in 2018, Ride United: Transportation Access (RU:TA) has grown to serve 37 markets and has provided more than 47,000 free rides. This year in partnership with Lyft, RU:TA has expanded to include providing free rides for vaccine access with a goal of resourcing more than half a million vaccine rides through local implementation. Established in 2020, Ride United: Last Mile Delivery has served over 250 cities and towns and has provided more than 300,000 free deliveries of essential items such as food pantry boxes and meals.
- Serve as the main project coordinator for the Ride United: Transportation Access Vaccine Campaign, which allows local teams to provide free and reduced rides to clients needing vaccinated
- Support the local United Way and 211 network participating in COVID Response projects by managing information and tools, coordinating and planning key meetings, events, and trainings, and manage the collection of data and information from the network
- Support partnership and development efforts to secure grants, contracts, and funding by maintaining project dashboards, answering programmatic questions, supporting donor inquiries and ensuring timely reporting
- Create donor reports and project summaries for internal and external communications
- Support local United Way and 211 network inquiries regarding Ride United and other strategic initiatives including onboarding, training, and answering questions about implementation and administration - using the program FAQ guide and helping field general questions and access to resources. Proactively supplement these resources as needed.
- Track and ensure compliance with all COVID related grant and contract requirements managed by the 211 Team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or commensurate experience.
- Specific interest and study/work experience in the area of community development, social service support, and transportation access solutions.
- Strong communication, research, and project management skills.
- Experience managing multiple grant deliverables to success.
- Ability to work both as a member of a team and independently.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a demonstrated background or interest in creating new, effective solutions and processes.
- Previous experience with documenting or developing internal processes and protocols for effective implementation.
- Comfortable working daily with a computer to complete work.
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Excel required; experience with Smartsheet preferred.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-683-7863 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.