About United Way Fresno and Madera Counties
United Way Fresno and Madera Counties (United Way) is on a mission to mobilize the collective power of community to advance lasting solutions change for the most urgent issues our neighbors face, particularly focusing on addressing the racial wealth gap for working families. We believe everyone deserves an opportunity to achieve the building blocks of a good life — a quality education, financial stability, and good health — and that expanding this opportunity is both a core objective and a key strategy to fulfilling our mission. We work with hundreds of individuals and organizations that share a vision for what is possible when we UNITE our efforts.
Reporting directly to the Special Assistant to the CEO, the Leadership Specialist provides complex and confidential administrative support to the all members of the leadership team, which includes the Executive Team, Senior Directors and Directors. This position is an integral part in ensuring that the Leadership Team has the adequate support to complete tasks accordingly. This position requires an organized and competent professional with phenomenal communication and time management skills, comfortable dealing with people (in person, virtually and on the phone) and able to assist on a variety of administrative duties with accuracy and speed. The successful candidate has an ability to analyze and prepare reports from multiple sources of information and has a strong commitment for community impact and equity.
This position requires a person who can work in a fast-paced environment where every day looks different (one day may include drafting reports and data entry and the next day may include taking notes at multiple meetings), and an overall ability to multi-task and carry out a multitude of time sensitive task.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Serves as administrative support to the Leadership Team, including scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, supporting materials, room and meeting preparation, sending updates and notices, and sending meeting follow-ups.
• Assists with maintaining of Leadership Team calendars by reviewing meeting requests, scheduling meetings, gathering materials in preparation for meetings.
• Assists in maintaining an organized file system for the organization.
• Assists in planning all events or meetings of the Leadership Team, and ensure that all necessary support and arrangements are provided.
• Composes written correspondence on behalf of the Leadership Team when needed.
• Staffs Leadership Team meetings and provides follow-up to all members after the meetings.
• Communicates constantly with the Leadership team.
• Coordinates special projects as needed.
• Provides support to front desk and telephones as needed.
• Assists with grant requirements and deadlines.
• Compiles necessary data and backup documentation for invoices and reports.
• Perform other task as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Experience in all aspects of administrative support.
• Demonstrate analytic and problem-solving skills.
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision, exercising sound judgment at all times.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to schedule virtual meetings and trainings. (e.g., Zoom meetings and webinars)
• Understanding of and commitment to the mission, vision and goals of United Way.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred. A minimum of an associate’s degree, or equivalent is required and two years related experience.
• Current Driver’s License.
• Verified automobile insurance.
At times this position may include periods of extended physical activity such as working/standing at community events and/or moving and setting up equipment. Employee should be able to lift up to approximately 50 lbs. Employee is frequently required to meet multiple demands of several people and multiple deadlines or time sensitive projects. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is both in-person and virtual. This position requires a quiet workspace for privacy while on remote.
The typical work environment is in-doors in an office with air conditioning/heat with a mixture of natural, incandescent, and florescent light with some outdoor work for events, largely for outreach or campaign and driving across Fresno and Madera Counties and occasionally for work-related travel out of area. Typical noise levels of indoor buildings with open shared space. This is sometimes muted with closed doors, carpeting and wall panels, but when there are events in the main spaces (like the multi-purpose room or Free Tax Preparation season), it can get noisy during these special 3 events or seasons. The travel across Fresno and Madera Counties is typically to staff an outdoor event, attend a public or partner meeting or event. Some of these are indoors and some are outdoor with exposure to weather and temperature extremes and moderate to high noise levels. This position requires the ability to work with others both in small and large group settings.
This job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed in the job description provided that such duties are characteristic of the position. This may vary, based on the needs of the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
United Way does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, origin, gender, national origin, age, marital status, military service, disability or sexual orientation. Reasonable accommodation provided upon request. All applicants tentatively selected for this position will be required to pass a background screening and submit to any required tests to screen for illegal drug and alcohol use prior to appointment. Application evaluation may involve interviews, written tests and/or other appropriate screening tools. The signature below constitutes applicants understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.