The Assistant Director is responsible for the effective and professional execution of administrative duties and providing support to the Central Team in planning and executing activities created to engage donors and prospects in innovative ways. The Assistant Director is also a critical role in membership growth and retention within both the United Way of Greater Atlanta affinity groups and giving societies.
- Responsible for supporting the team in administrative and operational capacities to retain and grow membership.
- Participate in the planning and execution of monthly and annual events by supporting the Director of Individual Engagement and Event Lead. This includes coordinating event details, managing invoices, operations, logistics coordination, seating and accommodations and run of show.
- Provide administrative support for affinity group cabinet meetings and committee activities, including building reports/presentations as requested.
- Responsible for tracking engagement efforts, capturing data trends and managing solicitation and follow up processes in the CRM database.
- Provide daily operational support to the team of Directors; including scheduling meetings, coordinating calendars and activities, assisting with cross departmental projects.
- Works collaboratively with the Central Operations Manager to identify team needs to achieve operational efficiencies.
- Manage internal event logistics by preparing Name Tents, creating room accommodations, and organizing meeting materials as needed – packets/pop up banners, coordinating banquet event orders with internal or external vendors.
- Provide timely and detailed reports on volunteer/donor information for all events and correspondence. This includes registration, participation, engagement, and impact metrics.
- Provide support for affinity groups and prepare items essential for effective operations, i.e., agendas, rosters, meetings, correspondence, reports, analyses, purchase orders, spreadsheets, and files.
- Submit departmental invoices and check requests to ensure vendors, reimbursements, agency grants, and invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Support team with social media/newsletter and event communication emails; collaborate with marketing department and confirm key dates for communications as needed.
Qualifications and Expectations
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, with an expert skill level in Excel and PowerPoint; CRM experience a plus
- Critical and strategic thinker with impeccable time management and organizational skills, as well as a professional and courteous demeanor and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and mature judgment. Ability to act with discretion in all matters
- Demonstrated success in the development and execution of events
- Ability and willingness to travel and work after hours as required to meet the needs of the job
- Ability to carry up to 25 pounds of equipment and supplies