The Assistant Director of Cole and Retention reports to the Senior Director of Annual Fund and is a key member of the Major Gifts team. Major Gifts plays a pivotal role to the Office of Development; executes individual engagement opportunities; and manages a leadership giving society and stewardship strategy on behalf of the Office of Development.
The Assistant Director will work with Development leadership, the Director of Development Communications, and the Senior Associate Director of Annual Fund to implement a comprehensive, multi-channel strategy aimed at the recruitment, retention and stewardship of United Way of Greater Atlanta (UWGA) leadership donors and prospects that will include events, volunteerism, stewardship communications, and more.
- Assist in the development of and implement a portfolio management system to guide cultivation, retention, and stewardship for leadership donors.
- Report on stewardship and retention performance metrics for leadership donors throughout the year.
- Assist in supporting the direction and administer most aspects of stewardship and donor retention for the organization’s largest giving society.
- Support strategy established by the Senior Director of Annual Fund to manage the UWGA calendar of appeals and stewardship.
- Work with the Engagement Network leads to execute a strategy to engage leadership prospects and donors participating in events and other donor engagement opportunities.
- Support Manage relationships with internal departments as needed to meet deadlines and goals.
- Meet key metrics tied to increasing the UWGA donor base, upgrading the average size of donation, and increasing donor retention.
- Work with volunteers, staff, outside vendors, etc., as needed to accomplish the duties of this position.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Expectations
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-3 years successful experience working with membership societies, annual giving, major gifts, or events.
- Highly advanced attention to detail, including formatting, design, and grammar.
- Ability to Coordinate the production of a variety of communications.
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working in high pressure, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team; manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent influence and motivational skills.
- Working knowledge of customer contact or CRM systems.
- Ability to innovate, problem solve, and timely follow through with promises or tasks.
- Work independently and be self-motivated.