Benefits (The Good Stuff)
- Exempt (Salary): 3 WKS+ Vacation Paid*
- Non-Exempt (Hourly): 2 WKS+ Vacation Paid*
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 12 PTO Paid Days
- Competitive Health Benefits Package
- Wellness Program Reimbursements up to $50/month
- Long Term Disability at NO COST
- Life Insurance & AD&D 2X Annual Salary at NO COST
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan UP TO 6% Employer Match
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Free Monthly Transit Card
*Vacation amounts may vary based on roles, schedules, and years of service.
Help us make a difference in our community. United, we are tackling complex issues and turning contribution into real change. We fight for the equitable access to quality education, financial security and health of everyone in our community. Join our team and join us in the fight for a stronger Miami!
United Way Miami is hiring for an Assistant Controller to join our team. As Assistant Controller you will be Responsible for providing superior support to the United Way’s Strategic Plan as the assistant manager of the organization’s accounting and financial activities.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises and coordinates the tasks of the accounts payable and grant staff. Ensures that the transactions performed are completed in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring all accounting practices are in compliance with legal guidelines and established accounting principles and with pertinent governmental and other grantors regulations Coordinates development plans to ensure that supervised staff is properly trained in their respective areas of responsibility. Identify solutions to discrepancies in financial records.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of governmental regulations and ensures proper application of those regulations. Direct support to the organizations’ grants writers. Responsible for providing the required financial documentation for the annual renewal of grants.
- Direct support to the United Way budget process
- Serves as Financial Liaison between United Way and Grant Funders. Maintain open channels of communication by attending monthly meetings and discussing and recommending solutions to any areas of concern. Maintain close relationships with federal and county grant teams. Maintain abreast the CFO and the Controller in those areas.
- Represents the Operations Team in committees supporting various United Way’s initiative, i.e., CFE, CFS, Mission United, C.I. Impact Councils, Agency Audit Committee etc. Coordinates the preparation of financial reports related to, said initiatives, and assure the reports are provided timely and accurately. Present financial results, budgetary proposals, and operational solutions to the internal and external constituencies.
- Assist with the coordination of annual audits including the preparation of the 990 for United Way of Miami Dade. Responsible for the compliance of monitoring request from funders.
- Assisting the Organization’s Controller in updating and developing internal controls, financial policies, and standard operating procedures. Support the efforts to maintain financial records and system processes.
- Responsible for the supervision of subordinate employees which includes training, developing, measuring performance, disciplining, and directing tasks. Has authority to hire, transfer, promote, compensate, or terminate subordinate employees or recommend such actions.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
Experience Requirements: 3 to 5 years accounting experience and an understanding of GAAP as it relates to consolidations.
Technology Requirements: Beginner Internet Explore and Word, advanced Excel, and Outlook.
Other Essential Knowledge/Skills: Supervisory skills and strong communication skills. Accounting/finance background.
Benefits: United Way Miami’s total rewards program offers a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide a generous vacation, personal/sick and holiday program. We offer medical, dental, Life/AD&D, LTD, vision, legal, FSA, EAP, 401(k) plan, supplemental plans, and employee discount programs. Our Wellness program includes wellness activities and incentives throughout the year. To view the full description of our Summary of Benefits, please visit our Career site homepage.
Career growth: We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
UWM is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace, please visit our Career site homepage to view our EEO statement and Drug-Free policy.