We unite to create positive, lasting change for people in need. We call it harnessing the power of people working together. And that means everyone – individuals, nonprofits, companies, and government agencies.
We work every day to achieve our vision and mission by focusing on two foundations of better lives: Financial Opportunity and Educational Success. Specifically:
Financial Opportunity: Ensuring that all families have safe housing, healthy food, and quality childcare. That they have jobs that allow them to support themselves and their families. And that they have access to financial tools and coaching to help build a better future.
Educational Success: Preparing children to enter school ready to learn, develop critical social and academic skills, and get the support they need to stay in school and graduate
You are the key to making this shared vision a reality. Your gifts become critical funding for ground-breaking initiatives and best-in-class partnerships with nonprofit agencies throughout our region, your time and talents fuel the engine for change; your friends, family, and colleagues are the army of difference-makers who positively impact lives.
That’s what it means to LIVE UNITED. Please join us.
If you’re a graphic designer willing to roll up your sleeves and you possess the passion to create concepts and the skills to execute them, we want to talk to you. We are looking for an Art Director to create innovative approaches and visual experiences across a variety of channels including print, digital, and event graphics.
An enthusiastic, energetic, responsible and proactive individual with an interest in working for an organization whose purpose is to fight for those in need and build stronger communities. The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude combined with a collaborative style, a resourceful approach, and the ability to manage and execute multiple projects.
S/he has the proven ability to create an impactful design that most effectively communicates the brand’s story: including idea generation, concept development and execution across multiple channels, and requires excellent graphic design, production and project management skills. S/he works in collaboration with copywriters, a project manager, digital market team, and project leads.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Create a vision, communicate it, sell it, and execute it. Execute and guide the creative aspects of both internal and external United Way marketing products from conception through deployment.
- Complete all design work on time and on budget in a fast-paced environment with independence and as part of a team. Timeliness, attention to detail and driven to meet deadlines.
- Design within brand guidelines. Ensure all creative deliverables are appropriate for the target audience, fresh and inviting, and aligned with United Way graphics standards.
- Balanced, enthusiastic, professional approach – easy to work with – working directly with internal clients.
- Provide clear direction and manage to expected outcomes all external freelancers, photographers, interactive agencies when necessary.
- Five or more years of general advertising/marketing creative experience with successful campaign experience, and a minimum of three years of experience managing/mentoring creative staff;
- InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator and Photoshop proficiency on Macintosh and PC platforms;
- Professional retouching skills and web development experience a plus;
- Experienced and skilled cross-organizational relationship builder;
- Ability to manage multiple projects with a sense of urgency for all deliverables;
- Ability to develop and conduct effective presentations to internal and external audiences;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Effective and engaging communicator;
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative and high performing team;
- Experienced effective and skilled people management;
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of the United Way.
APPLICANTS PLEASE SEND A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
United Way of Massachusetts Bay
Human Resources Coordinator
51 Sleeper Street, Boston, MA 02210
For more information, go to www.unitedwaymassbay.org