Why United Way Suncoast?
Do you want to be part of a non-profit organization that makes a difference in your community? Do you want to be part of a passionate team focused on improving the lives of others? Now is your opportunity! United Way Suncoast is seeking an Accounting Specialist to play a critical role in supporting the work of United Way Suncoast by ensuring stewardship of the funds raised to support our mission!
We're not asking you to apply for a job. We're asking you to embrace a movement that gives people the freedom to rise. In return, you'll be embraced by colleagues that will appreciate every contribution you make.
Our team members enjoy a flexible work environment built on transparency and trust and most have hybrid schedules. There are many growth opportunities including the ability to learn about and contribute to efforts across the organization. We offer a competitive total rewards package including shortened benefit eligibility periods, several weeks of PTO, and no cost medical and dental options to name a few!
Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Processes vendor invoices for payment and ensures supporting documentation and approvals are obtained.
- Audits and approves team member expense reports.
- Maintains a sound understanding of the chart of accounts and sub-accounts to ensure proper coding of expenditures.
- Processes accounts payable checks and electronic funds transfers avoiding late charges. Processes monthly allocations to other nonprofit agencies.
- Maintains vendor files and 1099 files. Audits and processes all vendor 1099s annually, along with transmitting the annual 1096 summary form.
- Maintains accounts payables files and documentation.
- Provides customer service and support to internal departments and vendors.
- Creates deposits and records donations in database.
- Creates and prints transaction register reports, files envelopes, creates donor choice fee contracts and enters Grants/Expectancies in CRM.
- Assists in reconciling CRM system to accounting software, manages return checks, and updates vendor banking information.
Qualifications and Skills for Success:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year related experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Behaviors reflect a belief that individuals from diverse backgrounds lead to a more successful organization.
- Educates oneself about DEI issues within the organization and community.
- Demonstrates a willingness to become aware of and address one’s own implicit biases.
- Deliberately works to include individuals from underrepresented backgrounds in efforts both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Identifies and integrates the tools and resources needed to create more equitable environments.