Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
I. Mission: To unite and prioritize resources to improve the quality of life for every person and family in our community.
II. UNITED WAY OF THE SOUTHERN TIER ALL EMPLOYEE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Commitment to Quality Work and Customer Service:
- By valuing donors and cooperating productively with other employees;
By accepting responsibility for quality;
By eagerly seeking ways to improve our work, both in quality and quantity;
By planning and operating systems that link everyone together for continuous quality and productivity improvement
Supporting a Teamwork Culture:
By focusing on our mission and our many donors and key stakeholders;
By arriving on time, accepting tasks for the good of all;
By cooperating with leaders, supporting and helping others in their work;
By thinking positive and giving positive suggestions;
By treating others the way we’d like to be treated;
By being pro-active in solving problems
III. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Annual Giving Manager contributes to the achievement of the Untied Way’s mission and vision by maximizing workplace campaign revenue.
Essential Functions and the Percentage of Time spent on each:
- 70% Management and coordination of annual campaign and visits with donors in the workplace and assistance with year-round engagement activities.
- 20% Management and Coordination of the Resource Development Council
- 10% Day-to-day administrative requirements and year-round engagement efforts
IV. JOB DESCRIPTION:
Community Engagement and Vision
- Understands and represents the organization’s mission, vision, strategies in order to develop and implement workplace campaign plan
- Act as a resource for external and internal audiences
Impact Strategies, Resources & Results
- Analyze past giving history on each company account and in conjunction with the President, work with staff to gain current status on accounts and develop a campaign strategy
- Update donor contact plan to align with Marketing Plan and Resource Development Plan
- Sets goals and develops an implements strategies and takes action to maximize results
- Monitors, updates, analyzes and reports on campaign progress to all UWST leadership and Board of Directors
- Use innovations in technology to improve the effectiveness and accuracy of information provided to constituents
Relationship Building & Brand Management
- Support aligned activities by managing relationships with community partners
- Works in partnership with UWST volunteer roles of Advocates and Ambassadors, to achieve objectives and generate fundraising revenue within the workplace
- External relationships with volunteers and donors are of significant importance and focus on educating, influencing and guiding; this position represents UWST to accounts, groups and individuals
- Provide effective consultation to help companies design effective employee giving campaigns
- Provide positive customer experience to all visitors and callers to UWST
Organizational Leadership & Governance
- Receives general direction from supervisor and has ability to work independently when necessary
- Involves team members when decisions impact more than one area or have significant impact to a segment of internal or external stakeholders.
- Participate in meetings as directed
- Perform other related duties as required
V. Minimum Job Requirements: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education: BA or equivalent degree required in related field, or equivalent in experience
Experience and skills: Experience in the areas of relationship development, fundraising, sales and/or marketing is required; Experience working with volunteers is preferred; Demonstrated ability to build and strengthen productive, trusting and respectful internal and external relationships; strong written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills; ability to work with and analyze numbers; ability to inspire others; ability and commitment to foster and advance a positive and constructive stakeholder-centric culture; ability to successfully prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously; commitment to excellence and the mission of UWST
Working conditions: Nearly 70% of the position time will be spent out of the office.
Technical experience: Expertise in Microsoft Office and ability to learn a variety of databases; Experience with CRM software preferred
Required License or Certifications: Current valid driver’s license and automobile insurance coverage
Physical Activity and Sensory Requirements: Ability to manage mostly stationary work, and to lift up to 25 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time or without notice.