Annual Giving and Community Impact Manager
The Annual Giving and Community Impact Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of annual giving drives. This role directly reports to the Vice President of Community Impact in developing and implementing plans to maintain existing workplace giving and grow new opportunities, all designed to help the organization achieve strategic initiatives within the community.
The role is also responsible for a robust volunteer engagement program to bring volunteers closer to the organization while offering large and small impact opportunities in the communities we serve.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
40% Annual Giving
1. Builds on the success of existing workplace giving efforts.
2. Creates and executes strategy to successfully launch 20 + new annual giving accounts/partnerships.
3. Works closely with the VP and IU representatives to coordinate and grow the IU Workplace giving drive, including working closely with IU volunteers and leaders.
4. Aids in planning and execution of special events
5. Serves as advisor to the IU Student United Way
6. Assists in goal setting and monitoring departmental progress toward goals.
7. Manages and maintains accurate donor data ensuring a high level of data integrity.
8. Implements and maintains policies and procedures for the best development practices.
9. Supports United Way team with leadership donor stewardship.
40% Community Impact
1. Develops a volunteer engagement program for ongoing annual programming as well as for one-time opportunities throughout the year.
2. Administers the Free Community Tax Service program, including maintaining all volunteer records and data on the success of the program.
3. Develops a stewardship plan that acknowledges donors at various levels.
4. Seeks opportunities to utilize United Way volunteers to meet community needs.
5. Oversees all aspects of Take Action Projects, Book distribution, and other existing programs.
20% Cross-Functional Duties
1. Actively participate as a member of the United Way team in all programs and activities.
2. Assist with grant opportunities including applying for and monitoring existing grants.
3. Work effectively with other staff members and key volunteers to provide appropriate support and value to our community partners.
4. Be an active member of the United Way Team and attend all staff meetings and routinely collaborate with staff to achieve goals.
5. Foster creative thinking and facilitate additional opportunities with organizations and individuals.
Experience in volunteer engagement and development preferred.
Highly organized and able to develop communication and planning skills.
Innovative thinker and able to execute ideas generated.
Ability to present information and data in written, electronic, and oral forms including the use of the latest technology.
Must have reliable transportation to attend meetings and assist with volunteer projects at various locations throughout the community.
Physical Demands and Work Environment-
No special physical demands beyond light lifting are required to work in this fast-paced office environment. Non-smoking facility, limited wheelchair accessibility.
Salary and Benefits
Salary range is $35,000-$45,000, commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, paid vacation, personal days, paid holidays, sick time, and a retirement plan.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 9th at 5:00pm.